CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Out of State Reports
Viewing Topic: Mark Twain Lake, Meramec, Illinoise, and MIssissippi Rivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phish

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Mark Twain Lake, Meramec, Illinoise, and MIssissippi Rivers Reply with quote

So really the point of this is to say hello to you guys and let you know I finally have my boat back on the water where it belongs. I've fished a few times and am exploring Missouri and Illinois waters. I've caught a few fish and had a lot of fun. Nothing remarkable to share other than the realization that the Big Muddy is a really fun body of water just north of St. Louis. Yeah, it's muddy to the tune of about 14 inches of visibility, but there's a lot of cover to choose from as well as species to target (the world record cat came from here). The flying asian carp add a dimension of fun. I had a 15 pounder jump into the boat on Sunday.

Take care and say hello to the CT waters for me. I miss the clarity. I will post more as I learn more, but so far a lone 3 pounder is all I have in terms of black bass. I've slayed some white bass, caught a cat or two, dodged 100 carp, and my son and best friend have out fished me the last two times out (which is fine by me because they'll come back for more!)

Best,

Jed
PECo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should bring a baseball bat for the asian carp! Laughing

I saw an episode of City Limits Fishing in which Mike Iaconelli fished for big catfish in the Mississippi near St. Louis. It looked like a blast. That's one species of fish for which I'd chuck bait.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see you on again, Jed! Good luck with the fishing out there. Looking forward to some reports from you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Out of State Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: