CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: Mattbessett river lure choice
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coastieyaker

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:10 pm    Post subject: Mattbessett river lure choice Reply with quote

So now that I realize I wasted half of my first trip to the matta going the wrong direction, I would like to hit it up again soon (whose with me?).
That said, when I was at the wide opening near the confluence I was getting so many weeds with everything I threw. What do you guys use there for setups and jig weights?
I ended the day near the submerged wood area.

Thanks in advance for the tips
AVec80X

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was in there for 4 hours today, only landed 1 LMB on a Booyah Pad Crasher in the pads up in the floating meadows. I typically throw frogs in the pads, Texas rigged Senkos and 1/4 oz jigs with some sort of paddle tail plastic as a trailer. Sometimes I target just Pike and throw a huge buzzbait, though it's never landed me a fish over 24" Rolling Eyes

Last edited by AVec80X on Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:10 am; edited 1 time in total
PECo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Mattabesset can often be stingy, although it's usually pretty good in the rain. On a sunny day, there's an overhanging tree next to the biggest concentration of laydowns that holds crappie. Any small crappie jig would work, but I favor a drop shot 2-1/2 inch gulp minnow.

Otherwise, as always, I tend to throw wacky-rigged Senkos tight to laydowns and the banks, but Zoom Horny Toads, spinnerbaits, lipless crankbaits, jigs with trailers and chatterbaits with trailers have all worked for me, too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: