CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bait, Tackle, Rods and Reels etc…
Viewing Topic: Megabass Griffon Zero or Baby Grizero.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KingCranky

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Megabass Griffon Zero or Baby Grizero. Reply with quote

Does anyone own either of these cranks? I stare at them once a week on ebay, almost pulling the trigger, but to spend $20+ on a single lure, sight unseen is a tough pill to swallow.

I like the fact that it's a ridiculously small lure and seems perfect for some finesse cranking tactics I'm going to learn to employ this year, but maybe someone here can help me decide which side of the fence on these lures I should fall on.
CT_BASSman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use their Deep-X baits for a lot of deep cranking situations and I absolutely love their baits, its a great compan and worth the price. You said you wanted it for finesse cranking techniques and note that the griffon zero is a wake bait so I would go with the griffon 6cc.
KingCranky

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I own their Deep-X as well, in 100 and 200 series. Never had any luck with either before. As much as I want deep cranking to work for me so badly, the only thing that will catch me fish at a depth of 10 feet cranking is the Rapala DT-10 in perch. However, it's gotten to the point for me where instead of even giving it a shot deep cranking I just toss out a drop-shot and use it more as a slower moving bottom search bait.

Good call on the 6cc. The zeros are wakebaits.. hence the name zero. Duh! Is the 6cc a small profile as well? I've found a few small Lucky Craft lures I'll be trying the finesse cranking with but I need something else if my mind grows bored with the LCs.
CT_BASSman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, deep cranking is either love OR hate lol. I personally love it because it can catch quality fish when the bites tough post spawn. Key I have found over the years fishing tournaments is really the right rod selection (glass al the way) to detect those almost non existent bites when your baits bouncing off cover 18-22 ft deep.

I believe the 6cc is a very small profile bait around 2 or 3 inches. Don't quote me but if you're familiar with the luck e strike RC-1 square bills I THINK the 6cc has the same small profile.
chuckc
Forum Police

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 10 or so of the Megabass Griffon Zeros. Really good shallow crank but it doesn't weigh alot so casting in the wind is tricky. Works really well this time of year before the water gets over 60. I would suggest buying just 1 and trying it. If you don't like it just sell it for what you paid. Megabass lures hardly ever lose value.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is totally off topic but I have a megabass casting rod I use for jerkbaits and spinning rod I use for drop shotting and absolutely LOVE them. Totally worth the price, I have experimented with A LOT of rods on the market and these are by far the best, if I had the money to drop on them all I would switch every rod I own over to a megabass rod.
KingCranky

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just won an SR-X off of eBay. Let the field testing begin in, 3.. 2.. 1.. oh it's getting shipped from Japan? 4021.. 4020.. 4019..

Last edited by KingCranky on Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
KingCranky

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unbelievable timing this Japanese fellow has. Got the Griffon SR-X yesterday in the mail. Attached two #6 VMC barbarian trebles to it and I'll definitely be throwing it into the water tomorrow. I'll give a rundown on it if the crankbait bite is on and I continue to throw it. I'm really curious as to the casting distance, the action, the sensitivity, it's ability to rip free from cover, does it suspend, float straight up or up and back? So many amazing questions just waiting to be answered.

33 years old and I still have that child-like curiosity when it comes to this stuff.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bait, Tackle, Rods and Reels etc… All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: