CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » General Topics
Viewing Topic: Merry Christmas to all...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
clinteastwood

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: Merry Christmas to all... Reply with quote

I sure have enjoyed reading what everybody was catching, especially when I didn't have the time to get out there. Especially Michael, who loves to fish more than all of us. More power to ya man!!! Merry Christmas to all and a Happy New Year and more fishing stories to come in the new year!!!
Michael

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas to all... Reply with quote

clinteastwood wrote:
I sure have enjoyed reading what everybody was catching, especially when I didn't have the time to get out there. Especially Michael, who loves to fish more than all of us. More power to ya man!!! Merry Christmas to all and a Happy New Year and more fishing stories to come in the new year!!!

Grazie! Buon Natale!
fishfinder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt he loves to fish more then I!!! I fish almost every single day and would fish every day if I wasnt married with kids and if temps didnt go below say 20*! LOL I just dont advertise it like he does.

and standing on the shore like an idiot!
Michael

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishfinder wrote:
I doubt he loves to fish more then I!!! I fish almost every single day and would fish every day if I wasnt married with kids and if temps didnt go below say 20*! LOL I just dont advertise it like he does.

I don't get how you can say that when I never read or hear about you fishing "your" spots Laughing

BTW- I advertise to make money and friends. No wonder why Rapala is so good to me and people recognize me very well Laughing
RangerRick

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: Michael, Michael, Michael...... Reply with quote

Micheal.......I don't think you meant it....but you came across as arrogant and defensive.......you never see the great ones like Payton Manning, Jack Nickaulas, Deric Jeter talk about how great they are, or are better than all........they let others say how great they are.......I don't think Rapala would like your words.....you are young.....still learning........accept compliments with wisdom and grace.......that will go a long way in your percuit of happiness.........otherwise, Merry Christmas.....to you....and all......Amen.
Sea Duck

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael,
So as one member here previously asked, and no response that I ever saw was given, you do in fact work for Rapala.
I was under the impression that this was a friendly community site and not a commercial.
It is highly unethical that an advertisement like that is embedded in the content of this site which many people read and consider. Besides being a disgrace, it is also an insult to the people who take the time to participate here with objective advice for the benefit of all.
I encourage those of you who fall into the latter category to let your feelings be known about that. I assume this is a commercial site and the owners have an interest in not alienating the majority of it's members.

Well done all!!!
SD

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sea Duck wrote:
Michael,
So as one member here previously asked, and no response that I ever saw was given, you do in fact work for Rapala.
I was under the impression that this was a friendly community site and not a commercial.
It is highly unethical that an advertisement like that is embedded in the content of this site which many people read and consider. Besides being a disgrace, it is also an insult to the people who take the time to participate here with objective advice for the benefit of all.
I encourage those of you who fall into the latter category to let your feelings be known about that. I assume this is a commercial site and the owners have an interest in not alienating the majority of it's members.

Well done all!!!
SD

I don't work for Rapala. If I did I'd have a car, Penn SSV, St Croix rods, and not living in Bridgeport.

Last edited by Michael on Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Michael

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Michael, Michael, Michael...... Reply with quote

RangerRick wrote:
Micheal.......I don't think you meant it....but you came across as arrogant and defensive.......you never see the great ones like Payton Manning, Jack Nickaulas, Deric Jeter talk about how great they are, or are better than all........they let others say how great they are.......I don't think Rapala would like your words.....you are young.....still learning........accept compliments with wisdom and grace.......that will go a long way in your percuit of happiness.........otherwise, Merry Christmas.....to you....and all......Amen.

I meant it for the 1 and only Laughing

As for my words to you, I'm an average fisherman who has many years of history but still learns more year after year.
fishfinder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael you dont read about me fishing "MY" spots because Im always fishing them!!!! I just got home a little while ago with frozen guides and waders while you were sitting home. I fish literally 5-6 days a week and in the summer I sometimes fish all night and go straight to work from fishing! I also dont come on here and post every time I catch a fish! Typically the only time I post is when I catch a very big fish. If I posted every 34" or bigger fish I caught this summer the owner of this site would have had to up the amount of Gigs needed to run this site! LOL Honestly I also dont post many pics as I usually fish by myself and dont keep many fish at all and getting a good pic of a fish by yourself when your up to your waist and want to get the fish back in the water to keep the fish alive doesnt give you many options for a good pic. Typically its a pic of the fish laying on shore next to my feet for some kind of scale and really doesnt do it any justice. Even some of the bigger fish I caught this year when I got home and uploaded to laptop never went any farther then that as they looked like crap. I dont like to tell people I caught a 44" and not have a pic as most people will be like Yeah right!!!!

By the way, I have a Penn SSV and its not what its cracked up to be!!! I actually had 2 and sold 1 of them to The Minnow on here for $50 or $75 spooled with 30# Power Pro slick. It was about 2 months old, thats how much I WASNT impressed with it! I kept the other 1 for a back up set up just in case.

and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Last edited by fishfinder on Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:16 am; edited 2 times in total
Sea Duck

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... Michael, your post regarding making money from fishing and Rapala being very good to you clearly implies you are sponsored and compensated to promote their product. If that is not the case, you are clearly intelligent enough to know that it cannot be read to any other meaning and are simply stirring the proverbial pot.

Life is too short.

Cheers,
WP

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishfinder wrote:
Michael you dont read about me fishing "MY" spots because Im always fishing them!!!! I just got home a little while ago with frozen guides and waders while you were sitting home. I fish literally 5-6 days a week and in the summer I sometimes fish all night and go straight to work from fishing! I also dont come on here and post every time I catch a fish! Typically the only time I post is when I catch a very big fish. If I posted every 34" or bigger fish I caught this summer the owner of this site would have had to up the amount of Gigs needed to run this site! LOL Honestly I also dont post many pics as I usually fish by myself and dont keep many fish at all and getting a good pic of a fish by yourself when your up to your waist and want to get the fish back in the water to keep the fish alive doesnt give you many options for a good pic. Typically its a pic of the fish laying on shore next to my feet for some kind of scale and really doesnt do it any justice. Even some of the bigger fish I caught this year when I got home and uploaded to laptop never went any farther then that as they looked like crap. I dont like to tell people I caught a 44" and not have a pic as most people will be like Yeah right!!!!

By the way, I have a Penn SSV and its not what its cracked up to be!!! I actually had 2 and sold 1 of them to The Minnow on here for $50 or $75 spooled with 30# Power Pro slick. It was about 2 months old, thats how much I WASNT impressed with it! I kept the other 1 for a back up set up just in case.

WOW!!!!!!!

Amazing how an employed person and somebody with wife and children gets out so much like that!!!!!!!

Gotta hand it to you for putting in so much time like that Wink

Very impressive speech for going to show all the fishing you do and so much truth Very Happy

If only I could afford a car Crying or Very sad

Last edited by Michael on Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Michael

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sea Duck wrote:
If that is not the case, you are clearly intelligent enough to know that it cannot be read to any other meaning and are simply stirring the proverbial pot.

Watch it bubba, I'm stirring the proverbial pot with my mouth right now Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: