CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing
Viewing Topic: Messerschmidt pond
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FishinViciousPete

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 2:20 pm    Post subject: Messerschmidt pond Reply with quote

Hitting Messerschmidt tomorrow has anyone fished there with any luck???

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never even heard of it. Where is that at?

Can i be a fisher of fish too?

~Tony~
Bluegill Terminator

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big bass down there in Deep River/Westbrook
PECo

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you make it out there? It looks like a nice pond from the description and .pdfs on the DEP website.

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fished with Pete at Messerschmidt from about 7-2:30. Nice weather, sunny & fairly calm. The place is shallow, with lots of pads...but we both had very few bites in the a.m. The fish seemed to be holding in specific areas. Pete caught a pickerel and 5 lmb (including a nice 3lber) between 11-2. I only caught 1 small lmb around 9 a.m.

Cedar Lake was far more productive for me in the late afternoon. 2 2lbers from shore, caught with a plastic frog in a completely padless area.

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TurtleKiss wrote:
I fished with Pete at Messerschmidt from about 7-2:30. Nice weather, sunny & fairly calm. The place is shallow, with lots of pads...but we both had very few bites in the a.m. The fish seemed to be holding in specific areas. Pete caught a pickerel and 5 lmb (including a nice 3lber) between 11-2. I only caught 1 small lmb around 9 a.m.

Cedar Lake was far more productive for me in the late afternoon. 2 2lbers from shore, caught with a plastic frog in a completely padless area.

Pete is bad luck, as you found out. Dont fish with him Smile

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rookie wrote:
TurtleKiss wrote:

Pete is bad luck, as you found out. Dont fish with him Smile

I'm pretty sure he sprayed concentrated liquid backlash on my reels, but I have no evidence that such a product even exists. Did you have a similar experience, where your (normally quite good) casting skills flew out the window while in Pete's presence? That's my only major complaint...it was a nice day so I didn't mind swimming back to the launch.

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: