CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater
Viewing Topic: Misquamicut??
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bowhunter095

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:53 pm    Post subject: Misquamicut?? Reply with quote

Has anyone ever tried fishing Misquamicut at some point? I have been there a couple of times this year just to lay out on the beach and go swimming and while swimming i have seen numerous stripers swimming around my feet at low tide. Even stepped on one last year. These fish are ranging from 24-30 inches long but a few were in the mid to upper 30's.
fishfinder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't fished there yet ut funny you ask as Ill be going there next weekend or actually right down the road from there at a place called the Charlestown Breachway which Ive heard is very good and about 15 minutes down the road and also is a nice beach. Im going there Saturday so Ill let you know how I do.

and standing on the shore like an idiot!
bowhunter095

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have also heard many good things about the breach way....i'll be waiting to hear from you!
fishfinder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My daughter has been begging me to take her to RI so she could go to a real beach so Im kind of dble dutying it. I just cant sit on a beach all day doing nothing.

bowhunter095

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup i hear ya.....i always bring my poles along with me
JustinSolak

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Misquamicut: Where exactly are you fishing on it? If you're gonna try and fish most of the beach this time of year, its not a good idea during the day. Not even sure if it's legal. If you can find some area where there's no people (private beach perfectly legal to walk below the high tide line) Pencil poppers work well, bucktails with a pork rind or some sort of trailer as FAR as you can. Maybe 2-3 oz. Change up your retrieves too. Or, head to the end of the strip to the breachway and walk out to the jetty. Good spot but can get crowded. Bucktails in the breachway itself can be good. Cast out directly across and when you feel it hit bottom, bounce it back. Bounce it back everytime you hit bottom. On the jetty, try a chunk JUST to the right of the current.

Charleston Breachway: Try castin out zoom flukes with a 1/4-1/2oz jig head. Bigger bucktails to fish close to the bottom. It moves fast so as soon as you feel it hit bottom, get it off. Chunks are hard to fish inside the breachway, but off the jetty you can fish em easily. Another crowded area though. Very popular. Off the left of the jetty, a lot of bass congregate. Fairly far out. And for a pretty decent stretch of beach. Try and get your bait WAY out there and you might have a pretty good shot.

Good Luck

Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.
fishfinder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Justin, heading there sat. morning mainly because my daughter wants to hit the beach so we compromised as she wanted Misquam. but I wanted to fish so I choose the Breach so we can both have fun.

asianfisher

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes the breach way on west beach rd is very nice.... and for the Misquamicut beach i would rather fish watch hill.... more fish and more rocks... more rocks means more baitfish... more baitfish means more fish... and its all close to that area... watch hill by the flag post.... great day fishing....
fishfinder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got there at 7:55 am and the Breach was already packed elbow to elbow. I stayed and fished more toward the beach after about 5 minutes of constant line crossing from people who just dont know how to cast straight out!!! Evil or Very Mad I seen one medium blue get caught during the 5 hours I was there. On chunks I didnt even get a bite all day but switched the second pole to small hook and squid strips like most everyone else and was hammering the Scups within seconds of bait hitting the water in almost any direction! There was a guy there not even fishing that was collecting all the fish as no one really wanted the fish they caught. He had a few family members there also that werent fishing and he was just grabbing them up left and right. I gave him 2 before I realized how many he was getting and released the rest of the fish I caught. Way too much traffic and people there for me and I would never go there again during the day, also too far to drive for me to hit it at night but if your near there and if it doesnt get s much night traffic I can see it being a great place for Stripers1

Quint's Revenge

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

go back after labor day. there is no one around....

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure I want to drive that far again without knowing for sure. I really really dont like crowds.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: