CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Mondo 5/29
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 11:10 pm    Post subject: Mondo 5/29 Reply with quote

Arrived at Mondo Ponds just before 2 Friday. The conditions seemed very good for a day of fishing, with air being warm, sun strong, light 5 to 10 southerly winds, and not too humid.

I hit numerous spots before arriving at the usual topwater areas. Threw HJ-6, a few inlines, Tiny Torpedo, Heddon Pop'n Image, purpledescence FLR-8, and Snag Proof weedless frog.

Things started slow with just a small bluegill on the HJ-6. Eventually landed a pickerel under a pound on the Tiny Torpedo.

Once I got to the usual topwater areas, I had bass and pickerel going for the frog wherever there was thick weeds just under the surface. When they'd take it I did the traditional wait a second or 2 before setting the hook, but by the time I did that the fish had already spitted it.

I get to another spot that had pickerel going for the Tiny Torpedo. Landed 1 under a pound and had some other explosions.

As the evening went on, temps got cooler, and winds diminished, the topwater bite started turning on more. Landed 4 bass up to 15" 1 pound 13 ounces, 1 pickerel under a pound, and a chunky 8.5" bullgill all on the Tiny Torpedo. Lost 1 dinky bass on the jump and 2 pickerel right in front of me. Also landed a 9" crappie on an inline.

Not only was it a beautiful day, but I finally got to fish Mondo without any loud people or bucket brigaders.

Newest arrival due to the big hatch in insects was an Eastern Kingbird
OGSquints

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to mondo pond for the first time the today and didn't have any luck (although I was only there for about 1.5 hours). I plan on heading back tomorrow. Any spots or types lures that you'd recommend?
Michael

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OGSquints wrote:
Any spots or types lures that you'd recommend?

Look at my reports
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: