CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Mondo 9/3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:28 pm    Post subject: Mondo 9/3 Reply with quote

Wednesday after filleting the bluefish, I headed out to Mondo Pond. Arrived around 1pm.

Fished mostly the smaller pond but still hit a few spots at the main pond that weren't too weedy. Lures I played with at the smaller pond included gold florescent red F-7, sunset tiger J-7, purple nurple FLR-8, clown FLR-6, Striker King Mini Strike, bullfrog Rebel Frog-R, fire shad SW-8, weightless Strike King 2" Mr Crappie, and Texas rigged Berkley Havoc Sick Fish Jr.

First fish landed was a dinky bass with the Mr Crappie. Had 1 bass come shooting up and back down as I did a jerk and pause retrieve with the FLR-6. Lost a cookie cutter on the jump with the SW-8. Had a few nice bass follow the Mr Crappie. Had 1 follower on the FLR-8. Landed 4 bluegills 6 to 8" with the Mr Crappie.

Later I went to check out some open spots at the main pond. One spot had a nice pickerel hanging out between weeds. That's when I decided to give the Berkley a shot. Retrieve was slow twitching making believe it was a very badly injured fish. Right as the lure approached the pick, he looked at it. Then once it went just passed his face, he turned around and grabbed it. Landed a 14.5" pickerel just over a pound.

Nothing else happened at the main pond so I hit the same spots again at the small pond. Once spot had a nice bass hanging out but it didn't want anything. Had a number of hits by bluegills with the Mr Crappie but no hooksets.

Once it was 5pm and nothing much was going on, I decided to start heading back. Made 2 stops at the main pond which resulted in 3 more dinky bass on the Mr Crappie.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: