CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Mondo Pond 4/9
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:13 pm    Post subject: Mondo Pond 4/9 Reply with quote

Member mikeyinstfd (aka Mike) and I hit Mondo Pond for about 4 hours Wednesday morning into the afternoon.

I stuck with the F-7 and J-7 that was working for me Tuesday while Mike tried a few different lures until he found the one. I tried a few others as well.

As we worked different areas, Mike got into a crappie bite with an ultra light Bass Pro Shops jerkbait. He had crappie slamming it and also nudging it with there head and mouth.

The yellow perch J-7 wasn't doing anything for me this time but the custom painted threadfin shad F-7 was getting me into fish. Also hit 1 with a perch FLR-6.

Total was Mike with 2 pickerel, 5 crappie, and 1 bullgill. His biggest crappie was 10" and the bullgill was a nice chunky 9"er. Pickerel were slender and short.

Total for me was 4 pickerel, 3 crappie, and 1 yellow perch. Most came on the F-7 with 1 crappie coming on the FLR-6. Biggest pickerel was 15" just over a pound.

Both of us lost a few fish but Mike had the bite going better with the ultra light jerkbait. If only I had some productive colored HJ-6 and XR-4 in stock I would have been doing well also.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: