CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Mono Pond and Holbrook Pond 07/09/15
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zaxx

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:44 pm    Post subject: Mono Pond and Holbrook Pond 07/09/15 Reply with quote

Despite reading about the fish kill this past winter I decided to try Mono Pond... Casting from the shore all along the dam and through the woods to the left of the boat launch I threw almost everything I had at it and not a single bite. The bottom of the spill way appeared to have some small trout skirting about it, but didn't drop my line there.

Feeling defeated I decided to try my luck at Holbrook: caught and extremely small LMB and an equally small pickerel on a silver Rapala Skitter Pop from the boat launch. Saw someone pull out a nice sized bass with a topwater frog from in between the lily pads... I followed suit but had no such luck.
ChaoSki

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:22 am    Post subject: Re: Mono Pond and Holbrook Pond 07/09/15 Reply with quote

summer time fishing at it's best. Don't worry, you are not the only one with such luck.
Zaxx

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea I picked a bad time to remember how much I love fishing... I will stay strong!
AVec80X

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holbrook is great to frog fish. Walk out on the dam/spillway wall next time and hit the weeds and pads to the right. There are always monster Bass and Pickerel hiding over there!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip! Definitely will try out that spot!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: