Bass
33%
 33%  [ 5 ]
Other
33%
 33%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 15

Fisherman100

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Monsters Reply with quote

Man,went to baldwinspond yesterday inthe pouring rain, had a huge hit after a half an hour on mealworm nd marshmallow, as im realing this beast in, i startto hear my rod cracking under the strain of the fish, and as its close, it takesoff and snaps my rod in half, and the line breaks. i was so mad. that had to be a 7 pound trout, i had 6pound line on and my rod could handle up to 8 pound fish, but man, that thing was so hard to reel in, it was constantly running. i need a bigger rod.
Facebook.com/LorenzoNReyes
fishfinder

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say snapping turtle! Probably caught a fish and then a snapper got a hold of that. I had that happen twice in my life time and it was all in the same day at a local pond! Not on my pole though, caught a trout and put it on stringer, went back fishing, caught another and went to put that on stringer and 1st fish was gone! Im thinking that I screwed up putting it on and thought nothing of it. Put second 1 on and continued fishing. Catch another and go to put him on and grab the stringer and ooomph, the thing is stuck. Pull a little harder and this is what I find! Had a tug of war and he won!

and standing on the shore like an idiot!
Michael

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been there too Wade
therieldeal

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a marshmallow type bait there’s also a chance it could have been a carp. They make freight train runs like you wouldn’t believe…without enough drag good luck getting one to turn.

Still searching for some toothy critters big enough to be worth weighing...
Mattyk182

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

therieldeal wrote:
On a marshmallow type bait there’s also a chance it could have been a carp. They make freight train runs like you wouldn’t believe…without enough drag good luck getting one to turn.

This. When I caught my first bullhead a week into trout season this year, I thought it was a monster trout until I finally got it to the shore. I try not to assume what was on my line when it breaks. You never know until you get it to the shore.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Trout Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: