CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: Montauk Fluke Report 5/5/07 Reel Crazy Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ReelCrazySportfishing

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 8:54 pm    Post subject: Montauk Fluke Report 5/5/07 Reel Crazy Reply with quote

we left the dock at 7:30, just as we were going by 6 mile reef my wife said "What are those big things jumping." At first I thought they were harbor seals. But they were Porpoises, 3 of them. they were moving fast also. We were able to get a couple of pictures.

Now I chase them for about 20 minutes. so we seen enough. now we are back on route to montauk. right after i went through plum gut is see something in the water. well it ended up being a seal. here are the pics of him.

Now for the Fluke. The bite dosent start till the afternoon and it isnt that great.We fished for 2 hours and only for 1 short. Some of the local boats were catching but not many keepers. to finish the day we docked at montauk for a few hours to have lunch and my wife can shop.
She did out fish me again. So i got no fish and spent about $500 for the day.
bassarama

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a nice day to be on the water, fish or no fish Wink

Thanks for the report and pics.
Unclemeat

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice report....still better than sitting at home!!!
Old Mud

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the report Pat. OK someone is going to mention this so as long as I semi know you , Very Happy Why is Christy holding that flat with a towel ?????? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Very Happy Very Happy Looks like a lot better than Painting My deck!!LOL. Very Happy

Don

All that truly matters in the end is that you LOVED !!!!
ReelCrazySportfishing

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don
I lucky I got her to hold it at all. i asked her about the towel. she said "Because I dont touch fish" I think she didnt want to mess up her nail polish. look at this picture. She has a glove on that goes half way up her arm. LOL

Now look at the nails on wraped around the rod

I guess Im her personal Captain, I bait the hooks, take off her fish and Clean the boat and gear. Im still for me fee for the trip. I think its going to be a long wait.
Old Mud

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReelCrazySportfishing wrote:
Don
I lucky I got her to hold it at all. i asked her about the towel. she said "Because I dont touch fish" I think she didnt want to mess up her nail polish. look at this picture. She has a glove on that goes half way up her arm. LOL

Now look at the nails on wraped around the rod

I guess Im her personal Captain, I bait the hooks, take off her fish and Clean the boat and gear. Im still for me fee for the trip. I think its going to be a long wait.

LOL. well with that kind of (luck) tell her to keep those nails POLISHED!! LMAO. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Thumbs up. Look at that 2nd pic. OH OH I forgot about my NAILS HA HA

ReelCrazySportfishing

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That one was good size but we got alot bigger last season. It was a very good year for big fish this one was 49lbs

this one was 40 or 45 lbs i have to check my log
Old Mud

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL. I think we just HOOKED one Pat!!!! thumbs up !! Smile Smile

Don

Old Mud

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sevnseat wrote:
crap stupid hills... trees... 8" brown trout being noteworthy... I'm getting down there... I could go for something that could quite conceivably beat me in a fight. I mean, I'd have the opposable thumbs advantage, but past that...

LOL. Lyman: brown trout eat Good!!. Don't go down there or you'll get Hooked! Smile Smile . you'll never be right again. Very Happy

ckonkol

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
crap stupid hills... trees... 8" brown trout being noteworthy... I'm getting down there... I could go for something that could quite conceivably beat me in a fight. I mean, I'd have the opposable thumbs advantage, but past that...[u]

Think you should try your hand at a little tuna fishing. They'll definitely give you a good fight.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be getting lyman out this this summer shark fishing. That will make him nutz im sure.

Just one more cast...
tjokl

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see you here Pat. I went to West Haven early Sunday and Quinni on Sunday as well. So much wind, no fish, nothing but sand in my ear.
ReelCrazySportfishing

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Todd
I know there is fish in both of those spots.
watch that shoulder with the kayak
tjokl

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm certain there's fish there too, just not a great day with the wind and tides
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: