CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing
Viewing Topic: Moodus or Bashan?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pauleye

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:28 am    Post subject: Moodus or Bashan? Reply with quote

I would like to take my son (Cool and daughter (6) fishing tomorrow morning at Moodus or Bashan. I'm going to try to fish for bass but will bring worms so the kids can have fun with panfish. Which is the better lake to fish with peace and quiet? Can I use a spinner at Bashan to catch dink smallmouth, or are the smallies usually uncooperative? I checked the tournament permit on the DEP website and there are no tournaments at either lake.

I fished only once this year and it was at Highland, and all the boat traffic made it feel like the Race out in Long Island Sound.

Thanks!
Johnny Skeeter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say upper moodus is a bit quiter,more places to "get away"
Good luck!
Johnny
Justin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moodus wouldn't be a bad place go to...if one side doesn't work out you can always hop to the other. For the kids, right by the causeway would be a good place since the fish move from one side to the other and the perch/bluegills usually just sit around the rocks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: