CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » General Topics
Viewing Topic: Motor stolen at Bashan Lake Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
carcher

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks PECo.

Nickp, I am not really sure what your motive was for posting this comment. This event occurred nearly two months ago. I had moved on and wrote it off as a loss. 75% my fault? You really are ignorant. It is people like you that commit these crimes. You can rationalize in your head that the "victim" is at fault. I really don't understand why people enjoy "kicking someone when they are down". You say that these procedures are common sense. Perhaps it is my intelligence you question?
Nickp

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You cant say to put faith in man kind. It is most certainly your fault if there was anything you could of done to prevent it. It sucks to lose something of that value, ive had multiple bicycles stolen as a younger fisherman, after the 2nd one I started locking them to large trees. Just a lesson thats hard to learn and one no one should make with an item worth more then a hundred bucks.

And since you cant buy a new 5hp motor for less then 1200 dollars. And the used ones still fetch a pretty penny, not sure if youve noticed but thieves have been around since the dawn of time. Thats why everyone who steals and cheats the average poor joe should be caught redhanded. And the ones who should be punished the most, the government, politicians, banks, the worst kinds of thieves. Who steal in plain eyesight. Dont be mad at the thief, it happens all the time. I "lost" 3 crucial/stradic combos at a moodus T once, while weighing in..... the thiefs are right amongst us.
Nickp

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And sorry about the late timing, it was bumped prior to me and I dont visit this site often.

FYI, ive returned 3 wallets, with the exact same amount of money/cards/etc that was found in them. I do admit to stealing a pack or two of gun when I was in the single digits. Embarassed

You are the victim, the best offense is a stellar defense, stellar defense would of been bringing the motor home with any other valuables you left in the boat.
PECo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still hope for the best in people, Nickp. I don't really agree with you, but think it's a good thing to discuss this kind of thing.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The asshole is the one who stole the motor not the one who didn't lock his up. It could have probably been prevented but that doesn't make it his fault. That's like saying it is your fault that I farted because you didn't have to smell it if you just plugged your nose. Makes no sense.
carcher

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nickp, although I disagree with your cynical view of man, I'm not here for a debate. I am here for camaraderie among fellow fisherman.
PECo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:36 am    Post subject: Don't give up, yet! Reply with quote

Hey, Carcher,

You should continue to keep an eye on Craigslist. And eBay, too. Thieves are stupid:

http://chippewa.com/news/local/article_fddbe5da-d6df-11df-a637-001cc4c002e0.html

Phil

Last edited by PECo on Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
carcher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Phil. I have checked a few times.
SkeeterRon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see Nick is back.. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: