CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Mt Tom Salmon (video) *** 2nd video added Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
avidangler

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damage inc wrote:
hooked two. The first was a 4 minute fight on my ultra light 5 ft pole. Crazy fight. surface 3 times! My buddy Tommy was fighting this beast. I tightened the drag very slightly and he broke off when the net was being reached for. My fault ; ( Micro reel. Didn't wanted going all the way to the backing.

Second nibbled our bait for a good 10 minutes but never took the hook. Had to leave. It was just raining too hard.

Talked to your boy Dennis for about 10 minutes. Super nice guy! I've seen him up there many times.

Love that place. I'll be going up next Sunday if the weather is right.

Oh caught a Yellow Perch and a nice size Pickerel.

good to hear you got 1 anyway.Yes,Dennis is very nice.He lives only minutes away and goes there quite frequently.He show you his pictures?He will be there more on the weekends now.He's starting a new job with UPS.I may head there during the week on a day off.Unlike you...i troll lures and not the real thing.They're hard to get around my area and have to go way out of my way if i want them alive and not frozen.I also GET there around 5 am before the bait store opens.
your friend must have connected with a biggie.I hope i can have some luck when i go...6 lb test and an 11 foot light action rod that absorbs much of the fight.Congratulations on such a lousy day.

Leeway and elbow room.There's plenty of water to fish!

avidanglingadventures.blogspot.com

"If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life,there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."
ReservoirDog

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thought i do a little video of my set up should be live in a few hours heres the link when it goes up.... anyone else going up tomorrow???

http://youtu.be/PzMUoKqkIlY
avidangler

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReservoirDog wrote:
thought i do a little video of my set up should be live in a few hours heres the link when it goes up.... anyone else going up tomorrow???

http://youtu.be/PzMUoKqkIlY

I'll be there!
Dark and early. Wink
Watched your video....why such heavy line?You won't see me going any higher than 8.....mainly...6.Knock on wood......i've NEVER had my line snap.I use either a 7 foot med action ugly stick ..8 lb test...Or 11'3" shimano medium/light action. with 6 lb test....both reels are Pinnacle Matrix XT.

They have a super-smooth 11 bearing drag....Even the Quantum reel i sometimes run is no less than 10 bearings.
From what I've learned from ny salmon river guides....it's all about the number of bearings.
Anyway........enough of my blah.blah.blah......see you there......my boy Dennis may make an appearance if he gets out of work early.

"If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life,there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."
ReservoirDog

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly i sont know why i use 10 lb and braid. I think thats just what i had spooled on my back up reels like i said i the video i use the braid for casting, the distance we cast for our walleye and trout mono just has to much stretch in it cant good a good hook set that far out. But i only use it once in a while, i caught my 12lb walleye on 6lb mono so it can be done. I dont like troling with my regulare spools because of the possibility of line twists.

See you out there..
damage inc

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either one of you guys going up this weekend? I might go early Sunday morning. Gotta post what yas catch. Oh and res dog, we gotta hook up so you can show me how to fish the Saugy! I live in New Fairfield so give me a shout bro!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not me......working Sat and Sun i have firearms certification training....so i can sell them.....my schedule is all over the place.just happen to have the next couple days off.
I agree with you res. dog....it can be done...My buddy caught a 15+ pound salmon up there on 6 lb. And i a 9+ on 6 lb...He was there Tuesday/last night....but didn't even have a hit.......Lets hope we have different results....See you there!.....
I'll be fishing in the shade/with the wind/sun to my back! Wink

ReservoirDog

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One brown, lots of wind, great lunch and awesome eagle vs osprey fight.... not to bad of a day...

how did you two make out??
damage inc

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how big was the brown?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was nuts!!!!! Shocked
The osprey grabs a trout from the water....the eagle sees him with it......chases the osprey over head for a few minutes....then the eagle literally snatches the fish right out of the ospreys talons and flys off with the fish
Shocked
Dennis came out and met me on the water.we talked a bit then, after you guys left i picked up two more browns.giving me a total of 4 for the day....1 was a double header with a bass...then picked up 1 more small bass after that...around,1:00 i trolled by the beach and hooked into a big salmon.After 3 attempts with the net it spit the lure.The thing was lip hooked by the tiniest piece of skin and had to be a holdover. in the 30 inch range and way more than the 6 lbers they just stocked.... he left around 2:30 -3 and i stayed till 6 with no more action....5 other boaters showed up around 4 but i didn't see them catch anything.
At least you got 1 brown and weren't SKUNKED! Very Happy

damage inc

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heading up Sunday morning EARLY! Hope to see some of yas there.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They stocked 45 dark brown ones at 6 lbs....9:30 this morning ...relayed from Dennis .

damage inc

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So i give em a day to acclimate and catch em on Sunday!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did they stock them in the middle like last time or at the beach?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He said beach.he was there when they dumped them.Stayed for 2-3 hours after without a hit.
Good luck when you go.Catch a big one!

damage inc

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrible.... The wind was horrid! Bought a dozen and a half Alwives and ended up giving a dozen away. Got to the pond at 6:15. Fishing by 6:30. Not a bite till 9:00 and it was a friggin perch. Disgusted, I brought my lines in and took off.

Saw a few whoppers jumping but no one that I saw caught a thing. A couple of guys Sherman told me that they caught a small brown but that was it.

Oh well...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: