CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: Naugy 7/8
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:39 pm    Post subject: Naugy 7/8 Reply with quote

Member mikeyinstfd (Mike) and I hit the Naugy Tuesday for about 2 or 3 hours. 2 spots we hit were the Seymour Rapids and the projects.

Our first stop was the projects, which is where the smallies were more active. 4 lures Mike threw were original pearl shad FLR-8, silver blue XR-6, glass minnow HJ-8, and silver blue RNR-5. He had a number of followers and lost a few. I stuck with a silver FLR-6 that caught me 2 average river smallies and lost 1.

Later once the bite died we hit the Seymour Rapids. The water was high and flowing fast from the recent thunderstorm. As Mike stayed down by the bridge, I went over to the rapids with the FLR-6. I got a number of hits, lost 2, and landed a 10" smallie that felt more like a 3 pound rainbow on my 6' medium power setup. Mike eventually joined me at the rapids and got 1 hit. I also lost a nice smallie when I went to cast under the bridge.

As Mike stayed at the rapids and also casting under the bridge, I walked over to the other end of the island but never had any hits or followers.

Once it was 2:22pm and we weren't getting much action anymore, we hit the road.
Mikezilla89

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been wanting to fish the naugy for quite some time but never knew where to go. By seymour rapids are you referring to the spot where route 8 goes over the river? Yesterday I tried to find a spot where I can park and fish near the quarry close to beacon falls. I gave up and went home not realizing that you can access the river from riverbend park. But I'd love to find a spot closer to seymour to check out. Any suggestions on parking areas?
mikeyinstfd

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, Look for Pine st in Seymour. Right by Seymour rec center
Wanna Fish

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you drive a little further up Rte 8. Exit 24 (Beacon Falls Rte 42). Turn left at the bottom of the exit. Your right on the Naugy with plenty of shore to fish. Turn right and look for the steel bridge on the left. Cross the bridge. Left or right on the train tracks. Drive a little further (Exit 25 Cross St). Again on the Naugy.

Just be careful. Thats Salmon Country in there. Be careful. Don't let the pools depth fool you. If you can see boulders (Volkswagon Size) the currents good. If you can't see them the water is high and dangerous.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: