CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » New Member Section
Viewing Topic: near groton
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doclob

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:08 am    Post subject: near groton Reply with quote

Does anyone know of any decent fly fishing rivers near Groton and when a good time start fishing for trout will be in new to the area. Thanks [/u][/list]
angry john

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have fished every fragment of water in the area and the only one I would recommend is the upper thames. Drive up 12 past Norwich and try the section near the 8th street dam first. There are a lot of ways I will not discuss here to get to other sections. The water at that point is all fresh. I have hit a lot of smallmouth there and I have run into a fly fisherman or two that said they did well on salmon at the same site. Pm me and if you want I will take you on a driving tour to show you locations and ways to access the water. Cost you a large cup of Duncan doughnuts coffee!!!!
doclob

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help maybe in a couple weeks I'll try to see if you head up that way fishing and we could meet up somewhere. Thanks again for your help and hope to talk with ya soon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> New Member Section All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: