CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Nells rock 7/12 and many skunks at great hollow
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coastieyaker

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:15 am    Post subject: Nells rock 7/12 and many skunks at great hollow Reply with quote

after getting the skunk the last 4 times going, i decided to hit up nells rock.
it was my first time there since april and there was tons of fish jumping around.
i fished from 9 to 1130 and boated 2 lmb.

while i am lucky to have great hollow and nells rock for a quick trip, i am growing really tired of the lack of freshwater spots down in lower CT.
PECo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Five inch Senkos, Pete! Put those four inchers away! Laughing

Jason and I each caught our best largemouth bass with topwater frogs, yesterday, but I also caught a three pound, three ouncer with a wacky Senko. It's a terrific lure to use as a change-of-pace or follow-up to a topwater frog. I saw the fish splash near a laydown in the river channel a few times as we approached it, so I skipped throwing the frog and just threw the Senko in the area. The third cast did the trick. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Nells rock 7/12 and many skunks at great hollow Reply with quote

coastieyaker wrote:
after getting the skunk the last 4 times going, i decided to hit up nells rock.
it was my first time there since april and there was tons of fish jumping around.
i fished from 9 to 1130 and boated 2 lmb.

while i am lucky to have great hollow and nells rock for a quick trip, i am growing really tired of the lack of freshwater spots down in lower CT.

Have you ever tried the Seymour Res's? You'll need a yak kart to haul. I've pulled some beauties from shore in all three.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wannafish,
I yakfished res #4 last year.
however, i havent been to 1 through 3.
sounds promising and thanks
Wanna Fish

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can also launch in Lillinhoa. Pond Brook Cove launch is excellent for Kayaks. Pulled some 5lb'ers outa there. If your venturous you can cross the river and head up the Shepaug River. Excellent fishing for bass and pike in there. Lilly, outside of Pond Brook is a big river but I always see kayakers running it.

Just be careful and smart.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Launching at Squantz Pond State Park and working the cove and areas by the beach would also be good for the kayak. The nice thing is you're more out of the way of the bigger vessels.

Trolling with medium and deep diving crankbaits in non-weedy areas around there always seem to do the trick. Throwing a topwater near the pier and around shallow weeds in the cove is also good. Jigs and soft plastics would be good to throw along the sandy bottoms by the beach. You also have the rocks and trees to your left if you're standing on the beach facing the water, even though you'll be in the yak.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: