CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: new bass rod
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cjshiz3

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:33 pm    Post subject: new bass rod Reply with quote

So I decided I will use my trout ultralight rod for another year and I want to try and get a bass casting rod. Im using it for jigs and plastics and I've been looking at St. Croix and the 13 fishing Omen Black and I just can't decided which i want or if theres better rods out there that are a little bit more expensive. Im willing to spend around 150 for it so if anyone has any suggestions It would be really helpful. Thanks
AlexF

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got an abu garcia veritas casting rod and I love it. It's so sensative, lightweight, and strong. They normally go for $100 but it was on sale for $80 at dicks. The sensativity allows you to feel the bottom or any type of cover, so I always know where my lure is. I recommend taking a look at one, but I know st croix makes some great rods as well.
jmathfisher31

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my favorite rod to date would be my fenwick eagle claw. I highly recommend you take a look at one!!
PECo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

St. Croix largemouth bass rods are nice and St. Croix is good about honoring its Lifetime Replacement Warranty. However, I think that Shimano largemouth bass rods are nicer and Shimano is even better about honoring its Lifetime Replacement Warranty. By "nicer", I probably mean that they're slightly more durable than St. Croix rods. For $80, I'd go with a seven foot Medium/Fast Shimano Clarus.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually was curious about the Abu Garcia casting rods so I bought one to match my mojo bass rod I got used from a friend. Both are 6'6" medium heavy rods fast action since I like to use them for heavy jigs/big cranks and both are great rods. The Abu Garcia doesn't have the backbone strength like the st croix mojo though. I have used st croixs for years and have broken a couple due to my own doing and never had a problem getting them replaced or fixed. My next purchase is going to be a st croix 7ft medium fast action casting rod for a little bit lighter jigs and hopefully still enough backbone to get the job done. I'll let you know how it works out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: