CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bait, Tackle, Rods and Reels etc…
Viewing Topic: New bassin gear and tackle bag Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
icefishingnewbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: New bassin gear and tackle bag Reply with quote

Hey guys well after a great easter/birthday part i had 235 bucks to spend at walmart only spent about 97 but still got a new plano tackle bag with 4 plastic boxes a new pinnacle ultra balanced 6 foot medium action bass rod and some super flukes, rebel pop r, rapala jointed shad rap, a small rattle trap, a kvd topwater frog a strike king black and blue jig and finally i got berkely powerbait 7 inch power worms but need suggestions on how to fish was just going to rig it on a shaky head any tips would be helpful.
Also how are my lures and tell me which are best to use and at what times also ordered a 100 pack of senkos off ebay so i think im set for the year Laughing Laughing
GOOD FISHIN'
CT_BASSman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if you're still interested in more rods but Wally World in Wallingford has decent rods, they stock the KVD tour cranking rods and wright and mcgill skeet reese rods.
Michael

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rapala Jointed Shad Raps are good to troll and cast with. They have a rattle and are suspending. Their jointed wiggle sends out a vibration to other fish. Slow retrieve with it this time of the year is really good. Casting out along drop offs and the edge of weeds is another good way.

The JSR4 is the shallowest diving Jointed Shad Rap, diving to as deep as 6 feet. That's what I use when fishing from shore of shallower lakes and ponds and trolling with a canoe or kayak in smaller lakes and ponds.

The JSR5 and JSR7 are good lures for bigger and deeper lakes.

My best color pattern has always been Silver Shad (SSD).

The JSR4 in SSD has been producing big time for me within the past month now at a small private lake no deeper than 8 or 10 feet. Had a day when I caught 15 yellow perch. Recently caught a new PB 14oz bluegill with that lure there. 3 largemouths from 4 to 5 1/2 pounds on the JSR4 SSD.
perfect hook set

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes its some what funny, walmart as some expensive rods and some high end lures.
Yet the section of fishing in my walmart is very limited.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

perfect hook set wrote:
Yes its some what funny, walmart as some expensive rods and some high end lures.
Yet the section of fishing in my walmart is very limited.

Same here and MOST of them do, but sometimes you'll come across one that has some higher end gear and you're like WTF?! Confused
perfect hook set

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking to my self why would they waste money on the higher end more expensive gear when NOT many people around here go there to buy fishing stuff..

we have two bait shops, a dicks sporting goods and a sports authority!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CT_BASSman wrote:
Not sure if you're still interested in more rods but Wally World in Wallingford has decent rods, they stock the KVD tour cranking rods and wright and mcgill skeet reese rods.

Was just in that store two days ago.. shame on me for not taking a closer look and getting a good chuckle.

To the young man who started this thread, go back to Walmart and get the $5 Berkley UVA/UVB polarized sunglasses. Once you start fishing with polarized glasses, you'll never go back. You'll end up feeling like this guy on the water..

icefishingnewbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reallly only 5 bucks was more focused on throwing lures into the cart Laughing
perfect hook set

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They sell others for $20 $30...

I usually get the ones for $5 or $15

one of my friends thought i was crazy when we would go fishing because, i would tell him ow much better u can see in the water with polerz on.

UNTIL

he tried them on

They do help a lot

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael wrote:
Rapala Jointed Shad Raps are good to troll and cast with. They have a rattle and are suspending. Their jointed wiggle sends out a vibration to other fish. Slow retrieve with it this time of the year is really good. Casting out along drop offs and the edge of weeds is another good way.

The JSR4 is the shallowest diving Jointed Shad Rap, diving to as deep as 6 feet. That's what I use when fishing from shore of shallower lakes and ponds and trolling with a canoe or kayak in smaller lakes and ponds.

The JSR5 and JSR7 are good lures for bigger and deeper lakes.

My best color pattern has always been Silver Shad (SSD).

The JSR4 in SSD has been producing big time for me within the past month now at a small private lake no deeper than 8 or 10 feet. Had a day when I caught 15 yellow perch. Recently caught a new PB 14oz bluegill with that lure there. 3 largemouths from 4 to 5 1/2 pounds on the JSR4 SSD.

wow. never even thought to try a jsr or ssd. didn't think the fish around here were interested in that. my favorites from rapala that tend to do damage around here are the x-wrap, husky jerk, the original floater and the jointed lures. JR9 is my favorite.
perchman27

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HELP ME PLEASE Shocked Shocked Shocked i was cat fishin and i was using some chicken fat and forgot about it and went to open my box and i threwup in my garage away from the box but the stench was so bad any ideas how to fix this i need advice quick Crying or Very sad
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bleach! It probably won't totally get rid of the smell though if it is a plastic tackle box. Good luck!
JJay

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

perchman27 wrote:
HELP ME PLEASE Shocked Shocked Shocked i was cat fishin and i was using some chicken fat and forgot about it and went to open my box and i threwup in my garage away from the box but the stench was so bad any ideas how to fix this i need advice quick Crying or Very sad

I had an issue with a plastic outdoor garbage pale stinking big time from seafood trash baking in the hot summer sun.

I went to home depot and got one of those liquid deordorizers for garbage pales - after a few applications the smell gradually went away.
perchman27

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you so much but im going to try a power washer and some charcoal or baking soda cause i have no money but i will if it dosent work Very Happy
anointed130

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know how to get rid of the smell but I did get a chuckle out of the situation... I use to leave night crawlers in my car during the summer. talk about something funky.

Can i be a fisher of fish too?

~Tony~
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bait, Tackle, Rods and Reels etc… All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: