CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing
Viewing Topic: New Britain fishing?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lawhusky

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:16 pm    Post subject: New Britain fishing? Reply with quote

Hi all. I'm working in New Britain and am new to the area. I'd love to find some good spots in and around New Britain where I could drop a line when I get the time... most likely after work.

Anyone know if there's access to fish the ponds along Rt.9 just South of New Britain? I pass by 'em every day and would love to float around and fish them. Same goes for the little pond at the Rt.9 / I-91N interchange.

Thanks in advance for any tips as to where I should head.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Batterson is the place to go big bass all over
colburn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to get to those ponds of rt 9 take the exit right after them(going south bound)take a right go through the light and take a last right before the next light.( old brickyard ln). i think its like the 5th or 6th left after the first light. u have to go all the way down the street. there is a turnaround and sum businesses. there is a access trail there. there is also a pond on the corner of brickyard but u need a canoe or kayak

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=41.636294,-72.75301&daddr=old+brickyard+ln,+berlin,+ct&hl=en&geocode=%3BFdpMewIdBsyp-ynn7WCagbPniTEdXOvJ4DeT5w&mra=dme&mrcr=0&mrsp=0&sz=14&sll=41.650918,-72.751808&sspn=0.045791,0.132093&ie=UTF8&ll=41.63809,-72.756014&spn=0.0458,0.132093&z=14
BassGetHooked

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

those ponds on the side of rt 9 are now (and have been since last summer) posted NO FISHING!

used to hit that place a lot...caught some nice bass outta there, both LMB and Calico. Even a fat perch or two. But if it's still posted no fishing- just don't get caught!! Cool

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think it is because you have to walk through the properties back there. if ur gutsy enuf ive seen people park on the exit take there boat off walk it down the side take the exit and walk back to the boat. i have a buddy who lives in the turnaround and he is always bringing his boat in there.
RyanMalloy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fish there all the time. Park at the old brickyard and walk through the trails. Also before coming to those ponds on the right there another pond that doesn't look too deep and has a ton of brush in it. If you can get a little boat in there you are bound to catch one over four. All of those ponds hold quality fish
flippy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you can fish those ponds, Like Ryan said take old brickyard rd to the end, you will end up on the back side of Berlin Steel and be in the parking lot of Sherri cup, you can park there and walk to the ponds, watch out for ticks!!!, I have fished those ponds for years, and there are some nice fish in there!!, on the highway side it is posted but as far as I know it is not posted at Sherri cup and on the woods edge of the ponds, good luck, and watch out for those freakin ticks. If you have a canoe or small boat i would take it, just dont use a gas motor.
asianfisher

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with the ticks... Have been to those places with the kayaks and had great luck dont have pics cause havent been there this year but alot of fish. If you wanted to get some bigger and more varity fish i would go to the madabasset river dont know how to spell it but thats like 10 min further south on rt9. Great fishing has pike, bass, trout, and if you venture to the ct might even get a striper...
RyanMalloy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigger fish? I have been in one of the ponds numerous times this year and seen two largemouth bass over seven pounds and one that was well over 8.. Floating right over matted weeds... I'm impressed usually by anything over four lbs but to see that quality in one pond alone is awesome

Hopefully I'll catch one this year...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: