CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » New Member Section
Viewing Topic: New Family Fishing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SeanMorrissey

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: New Family Fishing Reply with quote

My name is Sean, and I have a wife due any day now, and a 3 year old daughter.
I got into fishing 3 weeks ago thinking it would be a good family activity. So far I have not caught anything at all. But having fun.

Looking for good places near East Hartford/Glastonbury to fish from the shore as we have no boat or canoe.
Also looking for good places to fish saltwater from the shore as well.

Any tips would be great!

Thanks,
Redneckangler

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! Conrats on the one on the way. You think you'll have time to fish? With your daughter keep in mind the attention span. Catching fish quickly is the key. Any local pond or lake with the most basic hook, bobber and worm will do for perch, bluegill and the occasional bass. I started my kids (now 7&9) at a few parks with fishing and a play area. My outings with them are all about making it fun. I'm sure others can help you out around where you live, and if you want to get very young kids excited about salt water fishing, take them for snapper blues when it warms up this summer. They are likes fleas in the harbor areas and loads of fun on really light tackle. No need for saltwater gear. Just rinse your stuff when you get home. For other stuff, monitor the saltwater forums. Blues, porgies, stripers and other fishing is picking up in the sound. Besides guys "secret" spots, there are plenty of public areas in the state shoreline parks and piers like the DEEP in Old Saybrook to fish from. You can make it a great family hobby and lifetime activity. Good luck and have fun!
Weekly reports from around CT, the LIS and beyond.
SeanMorrissey

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Thank you RNA. Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice REdneck Angler. What time of day Is best to fish the piers?
What about from the shore in the ocean?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> New Member Section All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: