CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » New Member Section
Viewing Topic: New From Danbury
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RF813

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: New From Danbury Reply with quote

Hey everyone, found the site while looking for places to fish near Danbury. I haven't fished since I was a kid, and now my Son wants to go, so what better time to start up again and learn the ropes !

We tried East Lake, and Kenosha. East Lake Ave wasn't bad.

Do people have success fishing from the shore at Kenosha? I found 3 spots I could actually get to, but were either filled with weeds, super shallow (inches), or covered in dog poo.

If anyone has any suggestions where to fish from shore near Danbury, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks!
Michael

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been to Kenosia twice but it was from a canoe. Both of those times I hit largemouths and crappie pretty hard.

Danbury Town Park at Candlewood might be a good spot. Also go to Squantz Pond State Park in New Fairfield. Not sure about West Lake.
perfect hook set

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I replied to your pm...

Fishing from shore is awesome but, THIS year the weeds have taken over...

Candlewood isnt too bad I guess.

There is no shade at all any more and the goose crap is all over.

Besides the place listed in the pm you can also try the pond on padanarum (spelled it wrong) road. You will need to park down the path which is right after the bend in the road...

If you can fit in a raft and trust your son to not hook you, you will obviously have more options.

I know a place that he will have a blast at but, its 10x easier and more fun to fish from a raft kayak or boat.

my buddies and I picked up rafts for $40 at walmart.

Feel free to pm me if you are looking for specifics on local fishing spots
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: