CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » New Member Section
Viewing Topic: New guy from Ellington Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
C-Rex

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 9:51 am    Post subject: New guy from Ellington Reply with quote

Hey everyone! My name's Dave and I live in Ellington. I mostly fish for bass, but I'll hit small rivers and streams for trout if I'm bored or have time to kill. most of the time I like to hit Halls Pond in Eastford, Coventry Lake, the Boltons, Crystal Lake, or the CT River up around Enfield. I fished a little as a kid but got back into it a couple years ago when my sister married an avid bass fisherman.
Ochofish8

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a boat? Interested in joining a bass fishing club?
Ochofish8

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a boat? Interested in joining a bass fishing club?
Michael

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dave and welcome to the site!
billysenko

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Aboard,.
C-Rex

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. No boat yet but working on it. What does this club entail?
Ochofish8

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are a group of about 15 guys that fish tournaments on places such as the ones that you named. We fish 11 tournaments for "Mr.Bass," which is the title we give to the overall winner at the end of the year. So each tournament you get points based off how you finish, if you get a limit, a big fish, win lunker, etc. At the end of the year each person takes their best 7 finishes and who has the highest score is deemed "Mr.Bass." Along with winning Mr.Bass comes $500 and if you are a fed member, the club covers your entry fee to the Mr.Bass tournament. Each tournament costs $30 ($20 to payouts that day, $5 towards Mr.Bass and $5 towards lunker). We also have mixed in 4 team tournaments that are not for points, just a cash payout and have some fun. As well as those we have what we call a friends and family day where friends and family fish with club members and we have a cookout at a nearby club members house. This club is about learning and getting better at fishing with some competition mixed in. Unfortunately we don't really have any more room for non boaters at the moment, but if you're interested and get a boat, give me a shout and I can shoot you a schedule or you can come to a meeting before joining if you want too. You can check us out at our facebook page or even my facebook page too.
Thanks,
Matt Miner
kgalek

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What size boat does this club require ??
Ochofish8

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean we try to follow BASS rules, which I believe is a minimum of 16ft, working livewells and capable of taking a non-boater. If your boat doesn't meet the requirements I just listed, I can propose to the club your boat and we will vote on if it's acceptable or not. For the most part, we are lenient because we are a club that just wants guys to fish.
Thanks,
Matt Miner
Stevius86

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also live in Ellington. Welcome to the site
C-Rex

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ochofish8 wrote:
We are a group of about 15 guys that fish tournaments on places such as the ones that you named. We fish 11 tournaments for "Mr.Bass," which is the title we give to the overall winner at the end of the year. So each tournament you get points based off how you finish, if you get a limit, a big fish, win lunker, etc. At the end of the year each person takes their best 7 finishes and who has the highest score is deemed "Mr.Bass." Along with winning Mr.Bass comes $500 and if you are a fed member, the club covers your entry fee to the Mr.Bass tournament. Each tournament costs $30 ($20 to payouts that day, $5 towards Mr.Bass and $5 towards lunker). We also have mixed in 4 team tournaments that are not for points, just a cash payout and have some fun. As well as those we have what we call a friends and family day where friends and family fish with club members and we have a cookout at a nearby club members house. This club is about learning and getting better at fishing with some competition mixed in. Unfortunately we don't really have any more room for non boaters at the moment, but if you're interested and get a boat, give me a shout and I can shoot you a schedule or you can come to a meeting before joining if you want too. You can check us out at our facebook page or even my facebook page too.
Thanks,
Matt Miner

Sounds awesome! I have a friend with a bass boat. I'll talk to him and see if he's interested. That is, if you have room for us...

Do you guys have a website I could check out? Or I could attend a meeting?
Ochofish8

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We do have room for boaters and if your buddy joins with his boat and you don't have a boat, you are welcome to join as well. We used to have a website up and running and we had some technical issues that we have been trying to get fixed. You are welcome to attend a meeting before joining if you wish to do so. We meet at Cabela's in East Hartford (meeting rooms next to the food court) at 7 pm on the second Tuesday of every month. In this case, we will be meeting on June 11. If you wish to attend just give me a heads up before coming that's all.
Thanks,
Matt Miner
justcool

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When is the next meet
Dan1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ochofish8, I may be interested in joining and could help you with your websites issues. Send me an e-mail - dan.roberts at gmail dot com.
Ochofish8

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our next meeting is March 11 (Tuesday) at 7pm at Cabelas in East Hartford at the conference rooms by the food court. We typically meet the second Tuesday of every month. Anyone interested in joining is welcome to come, just send me an email and let me know that you are coming so I can bring materials for you to look at, Matt.Miner8@gmail.com.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> New Member Section All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: