CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » New Member Section
Viewing Topic: New guy from Naugy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeOkay

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: New guy from Naugy Reply with quote

Hey CTFT, My name is Mike and im a new member from Naugatuck.

I've been fishing for as long as i can remember. Born and raised in West Haven, i grew up fishing for blues and strippers off the rocks, piers and shore with my dad. Honestly though, aside from when the schools were running in august and september, we mostly just caught those weird barking sea robins. We started fresh water fishing when i was around 13, but my dad never really took to it.

For the past couple years ive only been fishing when at my wife's cabin in upstate NY, but after getting 2 awesome bass on vacation last year i was hooked! Got my own pole and gear for christmas and picked up a license a few weeks ago. Ive been going almost every day since!

My luck has been pretty spotty though. Caught an alright bass out of Huntington in Redding and a trout out of tiny Bennet park in Bethel on opening day. Ran into some dude at Bennet who turned me on to this site and I've been lurking ever since. Finally decided to sign up and say hi today.

Last weekend My brother in law Gary and i got skunked at Huntington and tried Putnum which was even worse somehow. Went back to Bennet later that day and got 3 trout and a weird suckerfish around 2 lbs. First one of those I ever caught. Idk if it was a small carp or what, but it was a fun catch.

The next day we tried the little pond in Prospect on the corner of rt 68 and rt 69 and I pulled out 3 more trout, 2 decent sizers. Later on after kickball (im on the sunday league in New Haven) we hit up Clarks Pond in Hamden and pulled out 3 big rainbows really quick. Went up the road to the Mill River but couldnt land anything that hit before we called it a day.

Not sure where we're gonna head tomorro, but it's sounding like good weather.

Overall I'm pretty new to the freshwater and don't know too much about what i'm doing. Even still ive been having a blast though, and i'm picking up lots of good tips from this site. Sucks being stuck on the shore for now, but im hopping to pick up a kayak sometime if i can find a used one on the cheap side. Hopefully i can meet up with some of you at one point or another.
hila2006

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard!! You're off to a good start. I started out with my dad as little kid, by the time I was a teenager I was fishing local bass tournaments against my dad, not winning,but came in second to him more times than not. Keep up on this site and you'll learn some local hot spots and tricks. I can't get enough water time to keep me happy, that's why we're moving back to waterfront. That allows me the time I need to survive the everyday grind. Moving to Middlefield in a few weeks, so not much free time for now. But, good luck out there for sure.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> New Member Section All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: