CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » New Member Section
Viewing Topic: new guy from Waterbury
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wtbybud

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:50 am    Post subject: new guy from Waterbury Reply with quote

This is my first day and first time using or reading ct fish talk. Am interested in meeting any others who are mainly into saltwater fishing. I am looking for anyone who may know some good spots to take a child as my grandson is 6 and he wants to go out fishing. I have always gone on the party boats here or in RI but now he wants to go too, but way too expensive and long of a trip for a 6yo.. Anyone with ideas or suggestions or comments feel free to drop me a line. Am laid off so lots of time to fish when not working around the house.... Good luck to you all
Michael

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the site!

A good way to start your grandson with saltwater fishing is as snappers get bigger, next month would be a good time for him to have a great experience catching plenty of snappers. Coming from your direction, Milford Harbor and Gulf Ponds would be good places.
rxpxtx

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to second Michael's suggestion. Snappers will be running soon and I can remember snapper fishing with my gramp when I was his age. I'd also reccomend some bullhead or bluegill fishing in a local pond. As long as your catching fish to keep him interested, it's really more about the life lessons he learns along the way from fishing with poppa bud.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> New Member Section All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: