CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater
Viewing Topic: NEW HAVEN AREA BOAT LAUNCH!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cmorjoe

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:47 pm    Post subject: NEW HAVEN AREA BOAT LAUNCH! Reply with quote

I was told that Lighthouse point had a boat launch; and it does but what I was looking for was a STATE boat launch in the area. I have a yearly CT. state park permit and I would rather not pay if I don't have too; Lighthouse is a city park. As I said before I can use the Devon launch but its quite a haul to the waters east of New Haven. Any ideas? thanks cmorjoe
basshole56

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried west haven?
Quint's Revenge

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

West Haven is not state it's Resident.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the only other one besides Devon is the Quinnipiac River in North Haven behind Tilcon on Sackett Point Rd. This is a tricky one though. Long run down the river and you have to time it right so you can get under the railroad bridge north of Middletown Ave in New Haven. Depending on the size and condition of your boat you are better launching in Devon.

There is also the Branford River boat launch that is listed as a State launch on the CT coatal access guide

http://www.lisrc.uconn.edu/coastalaccess/site.asp?siteid=429
Quint's Revenge

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ramp in North Haven is only open during the waterfowl seasons. We were thrown out in the past by the guys working in the yard. That part of the river is treacherous if you don't know it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know who ran you off, but I have used and seen others use that area year round. There is no signage, that I have seen, stating it is a seasonal launch. I will agree though as previously stated, you need to know the area and go slow if you are learning it. It is mostly sandbars!
Quint's Revenge

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The yard foreman ran us off. If they (Tilcon) choose to not grant the right of way then that is their choice. The state owns the ramp not the property leading to it. It doesn't matter anymore anyway we used it for hunting ducks and geese 99% of the time anyway and there arent enough ducks left to keep it interesting anymore.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: