CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » New Member Section
Viewing Topic: New here and new to fishing! Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RachelFromTheBlackLagoon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:26 pm    Post subject: New here and new to fishing! Reply with quote

Hi, everyone! My name is Rachel and I'm from Wallingford. My best buddy and I decided to get fishing licenses this year, pretty much just for something fun and outdoorsy to do. Neither of us have really fished since we were kids, and I don't think either of us expected to get so sucked into it so quickly! We've been going several times a week and scouring every article and YouTube video we can find when we're not out fishing. At first we were just using nightcrawlers and catching sunnies, now we're getting into trying different lures and rigs for bass and what have you. We'd both like to get into trout fishing next and we're really enjoying learning, experimenting and checking out new spots.

I hit a milestone today...I caught my first bass, a 13" largemouth. Smile It was my first time ever fishing a Texas rigged plastic worm. Very exciting!
PECo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:48 pm    Post subject: Re: New here and new to fishing! Reply with quote

RachelFromTheBlackLagoon wrote:
My best buddy and I decided to get fishing licenses this year, pretty much just for something fun and outdoorsy to do.

Congratuations on catching your first largemouth bass. Fishing is a progressive disease. Pretty soon, you'll say to yourself, "I'd bet there are more fish waaay over there. . .", and find yourself buying your first kayak. Laughing Welcome aboard!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:54 pm    Post subject: Re: New here and new to fishing! Reply with quote

PECo wrote:
RachelFromTheBlackLagoon wrote:
My best buddy and I decided to get fishing licenses this year, pretty much just for something fun and outdoorsy to do.

Congratuations on catching your first largemouth bass. Fishing is a progressive disease. Pretty soon, you'll say to yourself, "I'd bet there are more fish waaay over there. . .", and find yourself buying your first kayak. Laughing Welcome aboard!

LOL! Well, I don't know if this counts, but we did buy a four person inflatable boat! He's looking into getting something a little more substantial next season. Thank you! Smile
RachelFromTheBlackLagoon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I almost forgot...

DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on your first largemouth!...and welcome to CTFT.
RachelFromTheBlackLagoon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you kindly!
MANIMAL

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice bass! welcome aboard here - where do you usually fish at?
RachelFromTheBlackLagoon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! The places we've been frequenting lately are Black Pond in Meriden and North Farms Reservoir here in Wallingford. There's also a little spot in Higganum that we've hit up a few times.
MANIMAL

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you guys ever wanna explore some woodsy spots east of the river lemme know
RachelFromTheBlackLagoon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent, thanks for the offer! I think we'd both be into that.
SaTP

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black Pond is a great spot for beginners but as you progress you will notice the bigger fish in there are very hard to get. I've been there 10+ times and my biggest fish was only about 14 inches. There are definitely big fish in there but like I said they are hard to catch. TurtleKiss (kira) caught a 5 1/2 pound bass there. Good luck!
Michael

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on you first largemouth and something other than sunnies!

Plenty of ways to learn here by keeping up with reports and other fishing discussions. Welcome aboard!
DEdgeAFVet

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome!! Glad to see the fishing is going well for you already!! Keep up the good work Smile

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, all! We're going to hit up Black Pond when I get out of work. I'm very much looking forward to it!
NWDarkcloud

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heya welcome aboard ..........................

I allway got time to meet new ppl and love fishing your pretty close im in Farmingtion . So its easy we can hook up chat up some locatons and throw a few lures around and talk fishin Batterson Parks right in the neighborhood..... drop me a pm if your interested ill give ya my number .
Your definatly in the right spot if your looking to upgrade from a blow-up boat to something a little more solid theres a world of experience for you to draw on here from the community everything from 1 man yakers to guyz like me that customize boats to fit there needs. Once you decide what your looking to do in boats there a hundred set of eyes out there watching the roads for deals allways helps Laughing

PS: (nice ink work)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> New Member Section All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: