CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » New Member Section
Viewing Topic: New here from Hamden!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mattyk182

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: New here from Hamden! Reply with quote

Hey, guys and girls. My name is Matt and I'm new here from Hamden. I usually fish the Mill River at Sleeping Giant and Southford Falls in Southbury but I came here to learn about some new spots as I love to go fishing. I love the site!
Michael

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard Matt!
Tmac

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lived in Hamden for yrs,Mill River is great,miss those days,I got away from trout fishing yrs ago though when I bought a house on the CT River.welcome to the site.
Mattyk182

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tmac wrote:
I lived in Hamden for yrs,Mill River is great,miss those days,I got away from trout fishing yrs ago though when I bought a house on the CT River.welcome to the site.

Yeah, it's a pretty nice river. They stock it pretty good but not too many big ones in there that I've seen pulled out. I usually start there on opening day.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Matty- Welcome! My sister from New Haven is killin me to paddle her around Wintergreen. I keep trying to shine her off cause I've never had a bit of luck there, but she's going to win soon. I had one good night there catfishing out by the far left side where the concrete wall is, but only a few small bass by the parking lot. Anyway, good luck!

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rxpxtx wrote:
Hey Matty- Welcome! My sister from New Haven is killin me to paddle her around Wintergreen. I keep trying to shine her off cause I've never had a bit of luck there, but she's going to win soon. I had one good night there catfishing out by the far left side where the concrete wall is, but only a few small bass by the parking lot. Anyway, good luck!

Personally, I cannot stand Wintergreen. The only luck I've ever had there was a couple of Sunnies. People fish it out really quick which is odd because it's a decent size lake. I see people keeping fish from there that aren't even 9 inches and it's pretty ridiculous. If you want to have any luck there, you MUST be on a boat or Kayak and fish the spots in the middle.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nor can I, but, this is happening this weekend. So should I skip the shallows and go to the middle with live bait and a bunch of rods? This is killin me!! My sister would swat a dragon fly and grill it. I need to catch some fish or Im eating a memorial day sunny grill.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rxpxtx wrote:
Nor can I, but, this is happening this weekend. So should I skip the shallows and go to the middle with live bait and a bunch of rods? This is killin me!! My sister would swat a dragon fly and grill it. I need to catch some fish or Im eating a memorial day sunny grill.

Whoops, totally forgot that you replied. It all depends on what you're going for. There are a ton of bass in the middle of the big lake as well as near the lilly pads near the entrance. If you want trout, I've only had luck all the way on the other side of the lake where the water seems to be cooler a little past the shore. I caught some nice size rainbows there. Let me know if you have luck! It's definitely a tough lake to fish.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> New Member Section All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: