CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater
Viewing Topic: New member asking for a little help with porgy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
avetcaster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:45 am    Post subject: New member asking for a little help with porgy Reply with quote

Hi I'm fairly new to this sight but I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips or spots on porgy fishing from the Westbrook area or within 15 miles or so I have a kayak and have gone a couple times with lil success since there seem to be no bass or blues around thought I'd try fishing these thanks to any who reply Steve
catch&release

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would suggest using sandworms and squid pieces on a porgy rig. Thats pretty much all you catch them on.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have used Gulp clams cut into 1/4" X 1" strips on #6 hooks, with great success. Garden worms/ night crawlers, strips of mackerel, squid, all work really good too.

As for where to fish 'em; just about anywhere there are rocks in 10 to 40 feet of water.
You can also hang a chum bag full of clam chum (or just about anything crushed muscles work great!) from your yak.

Good luck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: