CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing
Viewing Topic: New Member Bass Fisherman
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikey5string

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: New Member Bass Fisherman Reply with quote

Just wanted to stop in and introduce myself... I am a longtime fisherman, new member here, mostly bass; largemouth & striped.

My name is Mike, I live in West Haven, close to the water. I am in my early 30's, married....no kids. I remember growing up fishing for snappers every summer. My dad took me fishing a lot as well. He used to work for the water company and we'd go to those lakes and I would be content catching bluegill all day.

I prefer freshwater I think, I like the calmness of a lake and the relative "cleanliness" (not so much sand, blood, smell etc) and lighter tackle.

Due to its proximity, I used to go to Maltby pretty often. I catch bass there but I have been going to another popular bass lake a little further and I will NOT be going back to Maltby anytime soon Wink

I think the bass are stunted at Malt. I catch a few most every time I go but they are all around the same size (under 2 lbs). They are thin too. I had been catching pickerel and I cant remember ever catching one there. All of the sudden I was catching a couple every time. Maybe they are out competing the bass for food?

With work I never had time to really get out exploring different lakes around area. Im taking a looong vacation from work and I am going to be doing a LOT of fishing this summer. I would be interested in maybe splitting a boat at Salt with someone if interested one of these days. I have my own gear, have experience fishing, will not throw you overboard..... It would be awesome for me to get on on Candlewood with someone who knows the lake. I got gas $$!

Oh yeah....
Caught my first walleye of the year this am, nice size too. I got SOAKED standing there in the rain telling myself "one more cast" for an hour. I have caught a few decent bass there as well, I got all the bass and the walleye on the same thing. Finally honing in Wink

Look forward to talking with some of you guys (and girls)
mike
NWDarkcloud

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome aboard
MikeOkay

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Mike, i'm also Mike and was born and raised in West Haven. Im in my late 20s so i wonder if we knew each other. And i may be interested in taking you up on splitting a boat at saltonstall. Not thIs weekend but maybe next depending on my wife's work schedule.
hila2006

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard, look forward to some new posts also. Gonna be taking some much needed vacation soon myself, and it's gonna be on the water to. Good luck out there.
Michael

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to CTFT Mike
mikey5string

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks.

been fishing a lot these past few weeks. skunked some days and some nice bass/walleye others.

Looking forward to a good season. Im usually a bass guy but i think ive got the walleye bug....

Mike
adamsv7

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haven't been to Maltby yet but the reason why they are probably so small this early is because the larger ones a spawning. I bet if you wait a few weeks you might be able to catch a few mommies. lol
rxpxtx

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Mike. I've always found Maltby a tough day out. I lived in NH for years and it gets a lot of traffic...not many places to fish in the area.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the site !!! Great fishing resource you found here that's for shur!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: