CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: New Member in Wilton
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BucksandDucks

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:21 pm    Post subject: New Member in Wilton Reply with quote

Hi all,

I just moved to Wilton and am looking forward to finding some new waters and hopefully gaining some local knowledge. I'm from Maryland, but over the last 10 years or so have lived in Colorado, Tennessee & Virginia and have fished my way through much of the country. I'm a somewhat competent bass and fly fisherman, but have dabbled in pretty much everything.

I'd love some advice on waters in my area. It looks like Fairfield cnty has some pretty outstanding fly fishing options, but I'm kind of at a loss for the local bass hotspots. I drove around for a few hours today checking out some of the reservoirs, but everything here seems to be closed to fishing/ recreational access. I understand that Candlewood is a great spot, but I'm more looking for something small and close by where I could bank fish or throw in a kayak for a few hours after work. I don't expect anyone to give up their honey hole, but would be very appreciative of any and all general tips and pointers.

Anyway, glad to be here and I look forward to terrorizing Connecticut's aquatic residents... as well as putting a dent into the whitetail and waterfowl population this winter.

-Ryan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to CT!
FishnCT

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome. Mamanasco in Ridgefield should get you started. State launch and kayak friendly.
BucksandDucks

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip! I'll check out Mamanasco when I get a chance.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can yak at Huntington St. Park in Redding. The Saugatuck Res. In Easton is your best chance for trophy walleye, trout, or smallmouth. No boats or yaks, just shore fishing and you need a permit from the Aquarian Water Co. Mamanasco gets very weed choked in the summer but always good for numbers.

Let me know if you need any more info.
BucksandDucks

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: