CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bait, Tackle, Rods and Reels etc…
Viewing Topic: New Reels Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maximillion

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:14 am    Post subject: New Reels Reply with quote

I just got my new Reel, an Abu Garcia Revo SX Gen 3. and while I was at Cabelas I looked in the bargain cave and there was a Quantum accurist PT for 40 something dollars allt hat was missing was the spool tension knob. I ran to my car grabbed the one from my old accurist and it fit so I ended up buying two new reels. The revo is the 6.4:1 ratio which I plan to use for most of my fishing and the quantum is the burner model so I think im going to stick with it for top water and bigger swimbaits. I have a rod coming in the mail to pair with my Revo (13 fishing omen black 7'3). Im thinking im just going to get a MH or H ugly stick for it or the cabelas mag touch rods which are on sale. WHta do you guys think? and once I test the reels out Ill let you know how I like them

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correction, I think that the magtouchs on sale are only spinning rods

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have the accurist 30 pti, my buddy bought a 40 and 30 they seem like solid reels

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a Pflueger president 6940, its a 10 gear spinning. It's incredibly smooth. Just not sure what kind of rod would work well with it anyone own one?

Can i be a fisher of fish too?

~Tony~
Maximillion

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anointed130 wrote:
I bought a Pflueger president 6940, its a 10 gear spinning. It's incredibly smooth. Just not sure what kind of rod would work well with it anyone own one?

What do you plan on using it for?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

perfect hook set wrote:
i have the accurist 30 pti, my buddy bought a 40 and 30 they seem like solid reels

I bought an accurist back in 08-09 and its still going pretty strong. I just put it away because I got the new one but from my experience with them they are the best reel in the price range. Also the Revo SX is a DREAM. The reel is so smooth and casts a light bait into wind with 0 back lash. Its absolutely amazing and small. If youre ever thinking of buying one I recommend it

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I mostly fish for bass using soft plastics, I am still learning how to match reels with rods. I have a small lot of rapalas that I don't catch much with.

~Tony~
Maximillion

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anointed130 wrote:
Well I mostly fish for bass using soft plastics, I am still learning how to match reels with rods. I have a small lot of rapalas that I don't catch much with.

Whats your price range?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a new family so something my wife won't notice

~Tony~
Maximillion

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anointed130 wrote:

haha thats awesome, but I would say the mag touch since theyre on sale, the rod is usually 100 but I think theyre 50-70. Pretty cool rods and super light. If you want cheaper than that you can always buy an ugly stick until you really find soemthing you want. I would get either Rod in medium action thats 6'6 so you can use it for alot of different techniques and then when you figure out what you like you can start customizing your gear towards that

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anointed130 wrote:

Hahaha I'm the same way bro! I feel like I keep my fishing expenses as quiet as possible
Maximillion

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevius86 wrote:
anointed130 wrote:

Hahaha I'm the same way bro! I feel like I keep my fishing expenses as quiet as possible

I like to make expensive purchases but only like once every 3 years but lures im always buying hahah cant get away from that

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I buy all my rods and reels at tag sales and pawn shops. they always work fine. I Cant imagian spending more that 30 dollars on a rod and reel. you guys are talking crazy talk. -Duncan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Re: New Reels Reply with quote

Maximillion wrote:
I just got my new Reel, an Abu Garcia Revo SX Gen 3. and while I was at Cabelas I looked in the bargain cave and there was a Quantum accurist PT for 40 something dollars allt hat was missing was the spool tension knob. I ran to my car grabbed the one from my old accurist and it fit so I ended up buying two new reels. The revo is the 6.4:1 ratio which I plan to use for most of my fishing and the quantum is the burner model so I think im going to stick with it for top water and bigger swimbaits. I have a rod coming in the mail to pair with my Revo (13 fishing omen black 7'3). Im thinking im just going to get a MH or H ugly stick for it or the cabelas mag touch rods which are on sale. WHta do you guys think? and once I test the reels out Ill let you know how I like them

The faster reel should be good for frogs, and jigs. Heavy swim baits will tear that reel right up, and they should be moved slowly along at depth or bounced off the bottom. You should get a power reel for swim bait fishing like a luna, proton or Calcutta.
Maximillion

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Re: New Reels Reply with quote

angry john wrote:
Maximillion wrote:

The faster reel should be good for frogs, and jigs. Heavy swim baits will tear that reel right up, and they should be moved slowly along at depth or bounced off the bottom. You should get a power reel for swim bait fishing like a luna, proton or Calcutta.

I dont use swimbaits often, the largest I have is 6 inches to put into perspective
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bait, Tackle, Rods and Reels etc… All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: