CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Fishing
Viewing Topic: New to CT, where to fish from shore
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iFish

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:50 pm    Post subject: New to CT, where to fish from shore Reply with quote

Hello All,

I am new to the forum and CT. I recently moved to Madison. I was wondering if I could get some general information on good locations to bass fish from shore. I have heard the Housatonic is a great river for smallies. Is there good shore access? Or I'll take any suggestion on bodies of water that have good shore access and decent fishing. When I say good shore access I am willing to bushwack/hike if need be.

Thank you all in advance.
ploplopfizzfizz

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lake Saltanstoll in branford u can rent row boats for cheap.No smallies but everything else including Walleye.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Were you live is some of the best striped bass fishing in connecticut ,you should give saltwater a shot maybe.It really is at your fingertips

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too do much fishing from land as I don't have the funds for a boat. But I have caught my fair share. There are a lot of little ponds on the shoreline that you would not even think to throw a cast in, but some have produced some decent size fish for me. But mainly I fish the river Give pike fishing a shot. Look in coves off the CT river, marinas, any type of EXCITING!!!!!
Esox CT

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to Patheticut!! The afformentioned bodies of water are all good, but your best bet is to invest in some waders, pick a random pond, stream, river, and have at it. The thing I love about fishing a new spot for the first time is the element of surprise. You never know what you might pull out of the water!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: