CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Fishing Partners
Viewing Topic: new to the area, not new to fly fishing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mikey

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 3:26 pm    Post subject: new to the area, not new to fly fishing Reply with quote

Hello everyone.

I am a recent transplant from Seattle. Back there I had fished small rivers and lakes for trout, and large rivers or Puget Sound for Steel head and Salmon.

I am an avid fly fisherman, I tie some of my own flies, and build some of my own rods. I fish as an activity, not a sport. I enjoy the time on the water and the overall experience.

Since I am new, and staying in Stamford, does anyone have a suggestion or two were I could go and wet a line this weekend? I brought along a 4, 6 and 8wt rod with a mix of floating and sinking lines.

Would appreciate a few pointers, and if any wants some company I would be happy to drive, pay for gas, or bring lunch,

Looking forward to my time here on the East Coast.

Mike
pdcrack

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good to see you found the right forum mikey Smile
Ill be home this weekend but will targeting those bedding bass and maybe some pickerel, but good luck on the trout this season.
Phish

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had success on the Farmington river above New Hartford. I hear the Housatonic is nice as well. Haven't fished it, but I imagine that's less of a haul for you from Stamford.
FishnCT

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mikey, Welcome to CT!
Check out the Mianus Chapter of Trout Unlimited. They have good info for lower Fairfield County. Especially the Saugatuck R trout area. Good fly fishing stuff.

I'm not associated with this club, but all chapters do good things for river habitat.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Fishing Partners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: