CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing
Viewing Topic: Next Kayak and Canoe tourney. Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mase2020

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Next Kayak and Canoe tourney. Reply with quote

Looking for suggestions for the next tourney. Place needs good parking few pleasure boaters and a good place to relax afterwards. Also any suggestions for the next one on things I can change or do better are welcome. I will work on a date soon.
PECo

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seymour Reservoirs. I have never been there, but have always wanted to check them out.

And maybe you should call it a Kayak, Canoe and Dinghy tournament or a Carry-In Boat tournament.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PECo wrote:
Seymour Reservoirs. I have never been there, but have always wanted to check them out.

And maybe you should call it a Kayak, Canoe and Dinghy tournament or a Carry-In Boat tournament.

haha not going to happen. Its quite a walk....There are also 4 reservoirs which are all pretty small and not connected so you'd have to pull your kayak out and walk to it. I'd love for Long Meadow in Middlebury. It holds some real nice fish and there are lots of them. Not much parking though.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

x182dan wrote:
PECo wrote:

haha not going to happen. Its quite a walk....There are also 4 reservoirs which are all pretty small and not connected so you'd have to pull your kayak out and walk to it. I'd love for Long Meadow in Middlebury. It holds some real nice fish and there are lots of them. Not much parking though.

Where the heck DO you park there, Dan?

And, so you know, my other idea is Breakneck Pond. We could do a Le Mans-style start at the parking lot, and then everyone would have to to schlep their boat to the pond and back. Laughing

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to do a tourny in my canoe and drag a senko,,lol,, Guys What about West Hill Pond?? Amos Lake? Wnchester Lake?? Bantam Lake?? Besek ?? Phil,,you can call it a NO BASS BOAT TOURNAMENT,,anything else is fine,,even a tire tube
Michael

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something new should be lunkers of different types of fish, not just bass.
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These have adequate parking and motor restrictions to deter those awful pleasure boaters and the idiots they tow behind them: Batterson, Lower Bolton, Silver, Black, Beseck, Bigelow, Mashapaug, Amos, Winchester, Cedar, and Scoville Reservoir (bowfin!!!)
Consider a night tourney please...6pm-midnight are great (cooler and bassier) summer hours.

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
PECo

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooh, Scoville Reservoir. No gasoline motors of any kind allowed! I didn't have much success the few times I've been there. I'd love to give it another shot.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are all over an hour away from me Sad . Long meadow is the closest (25mins) so if it was there i'd love to go! Theres places around me but all of you seem to be towards the center of the state. Lake lillinonah is a good place, not many motor boats usually calm early in the year and its got big bass and other species of fish. We could fish a cove like the pond brook cove or shepaug arm.
x182dan

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PECo wrote:
x182dan wrote:
PECo wrote:

Where the heck DO you park there, Dan?

And, so you know, my other idea is Breakneck Pond. We could do a Le Mans-style start at the parking lot, and then everyone would have to to schlep their boat to the pond and back. Laughing

I park down the dirt road. The biggest res is easier access however that is by far the worse fishing one of the four. I used to park on the dirt road and fish #3 and #4. I have carried my kayak down to there but its a hellava trip.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

x182dan wrote:
I have carried my kayak down to there but its a hellava trip.

Wheels, Dan. Wheels. Wink

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PECo wrote:
x182dan wrote:
I have carried my kayak down to there but its a hellava trip.

Wheels, Dan. Wheels. Wink

haha you've never been there take a trip there with your "wheels" its still a work out

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to do it at the Seymour Reservoirs but I think it probably would be a logistical nightmare. The best fishing ones are 2 and 3 and both are far from the road.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fish the Seymour reservoirs all the time in my kayak. It's not that far of a walk for #2 or #3. I don't even use my cart I usually just carry in my gear and kayak on my shoulder everytime.
MANIMAL

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I vote Lower Bolton
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: