CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Kayak Fishing
Viewing Topic: Next Tourney
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mase2020

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 12:39 pm    Post subject: Next Tourney Reply with quote

Planning next tourney possibly end of June. What changes would you like to see and where would you like it. FYI I won't run a night one or a Walleye tourney. Still kicking around the team idea. Some other idea are spreading the payout across the top three, increase the pool fee. Let me know. May get rid of the food as it is a lot of work and when people don't show and you bought food for them it becomes a hassle.
coastieyaker

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan,
just my 2 cents on the team idea...It has the potential to alienate those that are new to the site or do not know as many folks on here as others.

On another note, for the love of all thats holy, please just dont have it on June 22nd!!!

thanks sir
AVec80X

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 2 cents...no teams, payout top 3 and save yourself the hassle and eliminate the grilled food. Either way, I'm down for the next one!

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding pools: I prefer small dollar tourneys. I fish for fun, not money. Wink

Regarding food: You gotta have food! At the very least, I'd be happy to bring beef jerky for everyone. Laughing

I know that many fishermen tend to be solitary people. One of the reasons I enjoy fishing so much is that it can be quiet and relaxing. But I also enjoy fishing with others. Like CTFishTalk, informal tourneys or fish-ins like these are a great way to meet other fishermen. I guess I'm saying that I'm for anything informal and not for anything formal, if you know what I mean.

And, thanks, Alan, for organizing events like this. I'm really sorry that I missed the windstorm at the hollow.

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like I missed that last one but can't wait for the next kayak tourney. Any ideas where it will be yet?

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree peco, I feel that if you increase the payout/buyin then your competitiveness of the tourney will go up buy if you keep it the same then winning the thing is like an added bonus for fishing well that day. I'd love to participate as well but I can't travel far with the vehicles/budget I have. Next time you have one around my area I'll come!!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My $.02.....

Definitely No teams,...

I think food is a good thing that people enjoy, but it should be a community pot luck kind of deal where there is a sign up list for who is bringing what,.. rather than one person trying to plan and provide for everyone!

I think that the money aspect should be downplayed,...maybe just fish for fun,..or maybe a trophy,..or just an optional $5 into a hat for the biggest bass and only for the people interested in doing that!

I could be wrong, but I do not think that most kayakers are much into the compete-for-money aspect, as that they just want to have a get together and go fishing with other yakkers! There are some extremely large and popular salt water yak fishing events that do not involve any money!! They have gotten large enough that there are sponsors and some prizes,... But it was never a money thing!!

My own feeling is that you will get the maximum number of people to show up at these things if you eliminate the money! At least there would be a whole lot more people smiling and leaving feeling good at the end of the day!....Again it's just my $.02
Just4fun

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also think that people like to see the other people fishing,..so smaller bodies of water are better than large ones! If you are looking for locations,.. Pattaconk lake in Chester is a carry-in lake that still has a lot of parking and room for a gathering afterward,...and it also has some very large bass!!

Cool
NorthEastFisherman

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if it was you but I remember someone doing the idea as everyone puts a pack of their favorite lures or rapala or whatever in a Bucket. You could do winner gets the bucket of lures or split them up to 1st 2nd and 3rd or however you'd like that way its not for money. Its so the winner HAS to keep fishing with all the new stuff!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:36 am    Post subject: tourney Reply with quote

i am in let me know were and when
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Kayak Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: