CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Fishing Tournaments
Viewing Topic: next tourney Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dusty

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:09 am    Post subject: next tourney Reply with quote

when where????

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dusty, how come your not fishing the CTFishTalk field day tourney on the river this Sunday?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haddam is about hour 15 from my place

have a small boat

cant stand river traffic on a weekend

there is a 50 boat tourney out of haddam that same day...means its going to be a CLUSTER FUK around that launch

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not trying to be a smart azzz D,.. but why don't you pull a permit and have one when and where you want?
Dusty

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive had two in the past 3 weeks that i had to cancel because only 4-5 boats signed up.....

nobody is fishing anymore!!!

i try doing opens to INCLUDE more than 1 site, i personally think a tournament with fewer than 10 boats is a waste of time. Yea yea, its about the fishing and fiends, blah blah.....

I do tourneys for 1 reason, to win and make $$...seeing friends and that BS is great and I enjoy it but i can do that any day of the week for free Wink Wink

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:18 pm    Post subject: next tourny Reply with quote

Slimecoat why not have a vote on next tourny, that way everybody has an input as for tourny with 4 or 5 boats, 30 dollars a boat winner takes all, thats 150 enough to pay for gas as the other anglers want to go home and kill themselves. I say pick 4 or 5 lakes or ponds and have a quick vote that way there should be a better turn out, some guys have small boats and just do not want to fish the bigger waters and boat traffic, and do a night tourny alot of guys enjoy the night, congo and highland can be fantastic
slimecoat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flippy, We did ask for input, and we settled on Haddam Meadows, because this was supposed to be a field day event with a 4 hour tourney before the food, so we wanted to do this at a location that would hold plenty of people. I guess we could have had it at any location with parking for 10 boats and still done food. I'm dissappointed but what can you do.

I guess everybody would rather sit home and lay on the couch.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I do tourneys for 1 reason, to win and make $$...

I guess that's the real reason Dusty isnt showing up for the River tournament....... he saw the name on boat 4 Twisted Evil

JK Duster

CT RIVER
Every Tuesday Night @ 5 p.m.
EAST HARTFORD LAUNCH
$10 Per Person
Winner Take All!
Dusty

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAHAHA.....not sure that is Tralli Smile

Good luck, im sure winning $100 with a net of about $10 after truck gas, boat gas, entry, food for picnic, lost tackle, etc should really help paying those monthly manicure bills of yours Smile

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dusty have you seen the movie Shallow Hal?

Have you forgotten the real reason you started fishing, when you were a kid?

If your anything like me, it is because you loved to do it, and that is why I still fish, wether it's for fun or a tournament, at our level your never going to be able to make a living fishing, so what are you talking about?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL Dusty Smile

I'd love if you'd show up. We can put a side bet on it for whatever amount you want. Most weight takes it. I'm willing to put up some extra dough. This way it will make it economically viable for you to show up! Smile

After the tournament, I'll have you sign your money and I'll take it for safe keeping Smile

Hey BTW, thanks for the moodus post. I went there last night and blasted them on frogs! I had the whole lake to myself. I caught one over 6 I have the pics on the cell phone which Ill post up once I can figure out how to get them uploaded online off the phone. That was a good post.

- TRAL

CT RIVER
Every Tuesday Night @ 5 p.m.
EAST HARTFORD LAUNCH
$10 Per Person
Winner Take All!
Dusty

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

slimecoat wrote:

at our level your never going to be able to make a living fishing, so what are you talking about?

You must not have heard, i quit work and am fishing professionally now Smile

No seriosully....im fishing full time on the FLW Tour, Series, Stren Series and random other events.

I do this for a living now...so tournaments aren't fun they are work

If i want to fish for fun I'll go to Crystal Lake, 5 minutes from my house!

AND NO>>>>>I dont really fsih for fun, its always been a competition. Even when i was a child fishing with my father and brothers, it was most fish wins or something of that sort. my life is based upon competition...thats what I enjoy.

Heading out in the boat, having a beer, just tossing something out randomly is not something I do or will ever do. its 100% effort or i dont go. As sad as some people may think that is.....even fishing for "fun" i ALWAYS put my 5 best in the well and see what i can do for a 5 fish limit

Last edited by Dusty on Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Dusty

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin Tralli wrote:
LOL Dusty Smile

Hey BTW, thanks for the moodus post. I went there last night and blasted them on frogs! I had the whole lake to myself. I caught one over 6 I have the pics on the cell phone which Ill post up once I can figure out how to get them uploaded online off the phone. That was a good post.

- TRAL

Good, that is why these forums are here right....i only wish they were on frogs wednesday night for MY tourney. Threw it ALL night and managed 4 bites Rolling Eyes they jsut didnt want it...but i still ended up 3rd so it was off for most everyone!

but that would be too easy, if things worked out like practice!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do one on bantam or highland Rolling Eyes
Johnny Skeeter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HMM Dusty i thought you said you were not a "pro"..my how people change thier minds these days.......
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Fishing Tournaments All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: