CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: Nice Conditions but Niente
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:04 pm    Post subject: Nice Conditions but Niente Reply with quote

Friday afternoon I arrived at Bushwick Metal around 1. Used my 7' Aerial Jetty rod this time for throwing 1 oz jigheads and 1/2 oz plugs.

Hit a number of spots but never bot a single hit or follower, whether I did a steady retrieve with a plug or bottom bounced with soft plastics. Hardly any gulls were around this time, the hooded mergansers were gone, and hardly any splashes.

At 1:50 I decided to head down to Remington. Tide had just started going out when I was leaving, Nobody was at Remington. Tried bottom bouncing and using a SXR-10 as a jerkbait but niente.

Last stop until last light was Short Beach. Right as I arrive into a parking area, 2 others were getting ready. As I kept doing a steady retrieve with the legendary original pearl shad FLR-10, 1 guy fly fished while the other bottom bounced. All 3 of us never got a hit or follower.

While at Short Beach, some shad jumped in 1 area around sunset. Also observed at Short Beach was a fin sticking out of the water for a few seconds, which looked to be like either a shark or large striper.

Hit the road around 4:45
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: