CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Fishing
Viewing Topic: Nighttime Stripers?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Riverrat

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Nighttime Stripers? Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

Long time reader, first time poster here on CTfishtalk. I'm going to be going out this coming weekend for my first night time striper fishing in the CT river. I will be fishing around the Rocky Hill Ferry / Gildersleeve Island area, and plan to anchor with live eels.

I understand people all have their secret spots, and I totally understand that, but what general areas should I be looking for to anchor up? Are they more active in shallow water or deep? Low current areas or rips? I have done plenty of trolling / drifting during the day, but this is my first try at night fishing, and I don't want to risk trolling or drifting when I can't see too well (I'll be by myself)

If anyone could lead me in the right direction as to where I should be anchoring, it would be very appreciated. Night activity is so much different than daytime, and I really have no clue what I'm doing =)

Thanks for your help!
iversonbaby

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With eels fish around bridges at night and hope you can hold on to the rod Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: