CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Charter Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: No Fluke on Father's Day on Middlebank
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RobO

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:17 am    Post subject: No Fluke on Father's Day on Middlebank Reply with quote

Ok so here is the report..
Be glad you didn't go out that day on the Middlebank

The boat was pack like I new it would be. There are times I enjoy the thrill of out fishing a boat load of anglers... Yesterday was not one of those times. There was a total 68 fishermen and it was shoulder to shoulder and about 6-10 people not fishing that were hanging out on top.

The weatherman predicted winds from 5-8 mph and less than 1 foot waves.. Boy were they wrong. The winds were howling anywhere from 15-25mph. This caused some choppy water. Smaller boats were definitely rocking and rolling. At one point we needed 8 ounces to to hold bottom.

Winds were howling enough that most people wore sweat shirts and jackets the whole trip including myself.

I caught 4 sea robins, my buddy using the boat rig caught 8 sea robins right next to me. I mostly used jigs and fluke balls.

The pool was worth $240.

Three (3) total keeper fluke were caught on the entire boat all day!! The pool winner looked like a 21 inch fluke.

Mostly sea robins caught, a couple of shorties and the lady next to me caught a snapper blue while reeling in her line.

I have decided that next year I will not be going out on Father's day.... I will fish the weekend before or after the holiday.

The boat is very clean and the mates are great, especially the female mate who I believe is the captain's daughter. She has nice curves. The captain moved around to try and get us on some fish. The fish were just lock jawed.
Reading reports from other guys out, verified that it was an overall tough day of fishing with the wind.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is actually the owner of the middlebanks wife you are speaking of
anointed130

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Tim the owner of the middlebank or his father?

Can i be a fisher of fish too?

~Tony~
Saltlife1014

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim Griffith is the owner his father Lauren has been running the boat recently on the day trips and and Tim has been running the sat night trip and some Sundays
anointed130

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have a nice boat, I enjoy going out on them. But never seem to catch a great deal of fish.

~Tony~
Saltlife1014

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's good days and bad days but hey fishing is fishing haha the boat is great although I wish they would do some long day trips to the race and block island sound I go out with them when I can I've had days when I didn't even get a bite but hey that's the game we play in Long Island sound I have heard good reports as of late
RobO

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well then Tim is a lucky man.. Not only does he have a beautiful wife, but he owns and operated a fishing boat for a living..

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RodO - were you able to use the jigs, or too much current?
RobO

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did use your jigs in the beginning but had to switch over to heavier fluke balls to get to the bottom. I caught 3 Sea Robins with the squid jigs..

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was about to go on that day but saw how crowded it was, with the wind , moon tides , and all those lines I went next door on the black pearl. Right away I knew thef fishing was going to be slow because of the weather patterns . Just a handful of short fluke, one keeper striped bass, seasonings, and sea bass. I did catch one 3 2 lb sea bass that had to be released. As for the middle bank, Lauren runs the boat most of the part ,Tim once in a while, he also runs a columnist out of Stratford. And yes thats Tim's wife Stephanie. Great crew im what you call a longtime regular been going with them for many years since they were sailing out of Norwalk.
junkie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spell correction ..lol. sea robins not seasoning and a 2 lb sea bass. Cell phone hasa mind of its own
junkie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spell correction ..lol. sea robins not seasoning and a 2 lb sea bass. Cell phone hasa mind of its own
anointed130

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't know the black pearl actually was an operating boat. I saw somethiny online once with the name, but never saw a page or a report from them.

Do they go out for the same things around here, Bass\blues, porgies\fluke?

~Tony~
junkie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but they only sail Saturday and Sunday. Nice size boat. Another option if the middle bank us crowded
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Charter Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: