CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Nod Brook 4/15
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mep21

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:41 pm    Post subject: Nod Brook 4/15 Reply with quote

Posting my first report on here so lets hope it goes well.

I got off work early enough on Friday to get the kayak out. I made it out on the water by around 5:00 PM and started exploring the lower pond. The wind was almost non existent which made for a really great day on the water. I had a spinnerbait tied on from a few days back so I threw that for about a half hour or so with no luck. I switched to a watermelon baby brush hog and didn't have much more luck with that.

Around 6 I decided to try the upper pond since I had some luck there on Monday. Couldn't manage much at all until towards dusk I picked up a nice little rock bass.

It was getting dark so I decided to head on in for the day. After getting the car all packed up I figured I would try a few more casts into the current coming out of the pipe that drains the upper pond into the lower. On the second cast with the brush hog I pulled up this beauty:

Got a great fight from it on the way in with a few jumps and all. It was the perfect way to cap off the night! Gotta love the fact that the best fish you catch is the one where you never even had to go in the water! Here is the fish next to my rod for some scale:

Was some really tough fishing but looking forward to getting out again on Sunday. Might head up to Burr Pond. PM me if you're interested in meeting up!

-Mark

[/list]
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job Mark!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: