CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Nod Brook WMA 08/04
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PECo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:07 pm    Post subject: Nod Brook WMA 08/04 Reply with quote

I wasn't able to fish the upper (i.e., south) pond at Nod Brook WMA yesterday, so I put El Habañero into the water and fished from 8:15 am to 10:00 am. I took only one setup with me and planned to throw a frog for a while before tying on something else. However, I ended up fishing with the frog the whole time. I boated five largemouth bass, the biggest of which was 18 inches long and weighed two pounds, 15 ounces. Yeah, I shouted at my digital scale for the extra ounce, but it didn't listen to me. Here are photos of the five fish:

The search for Noddie continues. . . . Wink

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had an hour to kill, so I put El Habañero back into the upper pond at Nod Brook WMA and fished from 6:45 pm to 7:30 pm. The sky was overcast and there was no wind, but it was still muggy out there. I still had a frog tied on and threw it over the heavy matted weeds on the west side of the pond as I worked my way toward the shallows on the south end. The only hits that I got were from fish that were too small to take the frog. I guess that none of them were green sunfish. Wink When I got to the south end, I got what I thought was a good hit from a bass, but after I set the hook and reeled in the fish, I saw that it was a 15 inch chain pickerel. Confused Luckily, it spit the hook a few feet from my kayak, so that I didn't have to deal with it. I paddled into the shallows of the south end before I boated my first largemouth bass:

And six minutes later, I boated my second:

Unfortunately, I had to leave to pick up my kids, but it was nice to spend a few minutes on the water.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job getting out there and catching em
justinmorse

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just there earlier tonight and got skunked. Last time I was there, though, I pulled in a couple 1lb largies and a pickerel that was about 18".
asianfisher

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whats up with the sox hat? lol going to a secret spot today phil will send you pics of the fish on your phone......
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: