CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: North West CT tour
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChaoSki

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:08 am    Post subject: North West CT tour Reply with quote

Took the family camping this weekend (6/20). We ended up hitting # of lakes/river int he area and had a ball fishing with a yak and off the shore as well.

On first day we hit up Housatonic River right above Bulls Bridge in Kent CT. Ended up catching 20" and 12" Pike that day. It was slow fishing there (VERY early in the morning, 5am). We stuck around until 8 or so and headed out.

2nd day we hit up Mohawk Pond. What a beautiful place. So peaceful, water is crystal clear. We ended up pulling 2 Large Mouths and 2 pickerel there. This was the first time I got a fish on Top water Frog (which was nice....finally).

3rd day we hit up Wononpakook Lake. Another amazing place. At first it was slow along the coast and we were getting skunked. Then we headed up towards the middle of the lake and hell broke lose. We started pulling in fish after fish. Mostly 8-12" Large mouths, Pumpkinseeds, Sunnys and Yellow Perch. In total, 17 fish.

4th day we went to Housatonic river for Smallies up in downtown Kent. We went there around lunch time and got skunked on a kayak. Water visibility was low.....I ended up pulling out 12-14" Smallie off the dock when we got back and my son lost one. But that was it.

Later on the night we went back to Wononpakook Lake. My son landed 16" Largemouth and Pumpkinseed and I pulled in about 10-12 Yellows, Seeds and Sunnys. I also got 2 decent size Crappies (10" and 14"). At one point I pulled in 4 fish on 4 casts in a row.....what a great feeling when you just know something is going to bite.

My sons also fished "fly fish" area of the Housie by the campsite and landed 2 smallies....

We are planning on hitting up Mudge Pond, Tyler Lake and Dog Pond next time we are in the area. We drove by Wononskopomuc Lake but it had a $10 launch fee and it was 1 hour before close so we just went back to Wononpakook.

In total almost 40 fish. We are only few years into fishing and this has been the most successful fishing weekend ever.
brandon72801

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job and nice report!
Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you try Dog Pond or Tyler Lake, also consider West Side Pond. It's a bass mgmt pond and it's small enough to fish in half a day. By the way, what were the boating restrictions on Wononpakook Lake? I would like to get my boat in there if they are allowed. Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: