CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Northfarm Resivoir Wallingford
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HOOKED UP

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:32 pm    Post subject: Northfarm Resivoir Wallingford Reply with quote

Hello all,
I am new to the area of Wallingford and was looking for some pointers on the resivoir. I stopped in to Uncle B's bait shop on route 5 in Norht Haven and he was talking about big carp in the resivior so my brother and I checked it out we found some great spots it was hard to land fish because of the growth and the pads but still a good time. just wanted to know if anyone has any pointers about the lake and what has been working . Just trying to prep for next year. I would not mind some other placed in the area to fish. thanks cant wait to hear from you all later happy fishen

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:04 pm    Post subject: North Farms Reply with quote

North farms is very shallow,mostly 3 feet deep across the lake,with some 6 foot dips but thats it,very very weedy to the right of launch,dont know much about carp and how to catch them, but yes they are everywere,for bass chuck frogs,t rigged plastics,S baits,oh and bring a small boat that launch is a nightmare.
jlaz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

North Farms is tough to fish from shore. Very shallow. Tough to fish late in the summer as well as it gets really overgrown. There are some big bass in there. If you're a Wallingford resident, buy a permit from the water company for $1 and you can fish the Mackenzie reservoir. Not a whole lot of really big fish in it, but lots of shore access.
-joe
HOOKED UP

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:49 pm    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

Thanks for the pointers i have launched from the boat ramp before so i know it is a pain. I bring my canoe just because of that. Frogs ar good in my book. One other thing i forgot, can you fish any lakes at night around there?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hooked Up.

Click on this link and it should be able to answer most of your questions.

http://www.ct.gov/dep/lib/dep/boating/boating_guide/boatersguide2008.pdf

Good Luck.

Welcome to the North East.

Ron
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: