CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Out of State Reports
Viewing Topic: Not a fun day!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fish-head

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:15 am    Post subject: Not a fun day! Reply with quote

Well I have to tel you about the day I had yesterday. Was heading to Lake Monticello in SC. Beautiful lake, 7,500 acres, crystal clear water.
I was about a 1/4 mile from the boat ramp when I veered a little to miss a pc of tree in the road. My passenger side trailer tire went into a 2ft deep pothole on the side of the road. I was going 55 or so. I looked back and saw the dust kick up and thought "Damn, that was a big hole".

I made it to the ramp and noticed a burning rubber smell. I checked the trailer and the fender was down on the tire. I checked under the trailer and I had snapped the leaf spring in 1/2! I decided to try and see how bad it was by launching the boat. Nope..bad and 1hr and a 1/2 from home.

I ended up calling a flatbed to come and get the boat and trailer. Strange sight, a bass boat on a flatbed truck. The boat made it home. Cost me a whopping $740.00 to get it back. I have insurance for $600.00 in towing so I hope I will get some $$ back. It could have been much worse! The only thing holding the axle on is the 2 leaf springs. The boat could have gone to the pavement and that wouldn't have been fun. The boat is down until I can get a part next week. Crying or Very sad

Watch those potholes guys!
Forum Police

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to here that Bob. Hope everything works out for you.

Look at the brightside, it could have been snowing. Smile
Fish-head

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Chuck. NO snow here, in fact it's going to be in the mid 70's next week!

As soon as I fix the trailer I'm back at it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OUCH !!! sorry you had all that trouble, That sounds like a heafty towing bill. On the good side trailer Springs are only about $25 each. Good luck.

All that truly matters in the end is that you LOVED !!!!
Nickp

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shoulda hit the stick! bets of luck, just popped a tire on my trailer.....
THE RODFATHER

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry to hear the bad luck get er fixed and give er hell

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just my luck Pro-Craft doesn't have the original parts for the trailer. Trailer is 7rs old. They are sending me "replacement" parts. I will have to replace both leaf springs with new ones. That's ok, just that it's going to take 2 weeks to get them! Evil or Very Mad I told the girl that I talked to that I was going to go into fishing withdrawls and to send them faster if possible. If I get the jitters I may go to Bass Pro and buy a jon boat. Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear it,..good luck getting back on the water soon!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Out of State Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: