CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Not too much discussions!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
damage inc

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 9:00 am    Post subject: Not too much discussions! Reply with quote

I've noticed there are not as many people on this site. I'll admit since I joined the ct fish on Facebook, I've inly been here twice since opening day. I was a "once a dayer" before. The interface on this site sucks with uploading pictures and the FB page is so much easier. I do have to admit the people on this site are way nicer where there are some real "winners" on that page

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree thst this year has been lackluster so far.
i am not sure if it is due to wind snd rain conditions,but there has been
a noticeable dropoff of the usuals so far.

its my luck that i finally figured out how to post pics here, and now the
web sight is starting to lose its popularity.

i have been yak fishing every weekend and if anyone is interested joining
me in the upcoming weeks, pm me
NorthEastFisherman

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Less people is better. Wouldn't you rather have less people know where your go to spot is? This site is my favorite cause people are definitely much nicer and its more of a fun place rather than ice shanty where everyone is so serious and rude.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't find as many reports on this website as you do on others, but I find CTFT to be a friendlier website than the one I used to belong to, which was CTFisherman.

CTFisherman has a much bigger crowd and more reports but you have too many non-fishing discussions on there and many braggers who can get out of control with their mouth by posting a lot of shit. You have to pay yearly to belong to it too.
anointed130

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think he is referring specifically to Facebook page

Can i be a fisher of fish too?

~Tony~
Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just joined this site last year and I've enjoyed reading and learning from everyone. It's such a friendly atmosphere here so I hope it picks up again this year. I'm a shore/canoe guy for now and I'm always learning something when I read the great posts here. I see that a lot of you know each other and I'd love to meet some of you. I'm hoping to jump into one of those yak/canoe friendly tournaments that I read about last year or jump in a boat with someone who wouldn't mind someone like me who's just getting back into fishing.
PECo

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scorpio wrote:
I just joined this site last year and I've enjoyed reading and learning from everyone. It's such a friendly atmosphere here so I hope it picks up again this year. I'm a shore/canoe guy for now and I'm always learning something when I read the great posts here. I see that a lot of you know each other and I'd love to meet some of you. I'm hoping to jump into one of those yak/canoe friendly tournaments that I read about last year or jump in a boat with someone who wouldn't mind someone like me who's just getting back into fishing.

Like many of the other members on CTFishTalk, I'm more of a recreational fisherman than anything else. I enjoy catching fish, whatever they are. I don't own or protect any "spots" and have no secret fishing equipment or techniques. When I go fishing with others, I'm usually more anxious that they catch fish than I. After all, I get to go fishing almost as often as I want. From my experience, it's worth the little bit of effort it takes to meet other like-minded members. There's a great bunch of fishermen and fisherwomen here.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil,
I echo your sentiments.

I have enjoyed meeting fishing advocates and have learned a tremendous bit of information from those who frequent the site.

I hope to continue the trend of meeting up with people all across the State from this site for some fishing get togethers.
clinteastwood

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael wrote:
You don't find as many reports on this website as you do on others, but I find CTFT to be a friendlier website than the one I used to belong to, which was CTFisherman.

CTFisherman has a much bigger crowd and more reports but you have too many non-fishing discussions on there and many braggers who can get out of control with their mouth by posting a lot of shit. You have to pay yearly to belong to it too.

I used to have people seriously bust my chops at ctfisherman.com when I posted what I caught and where. Like if I had a good day and they didn't I was the bad guy then the admin would have to step in and knock them down a notch. I don't bother to go over there anymore. Oh yeah, they suck everybody in for a while and then yeah now it's a pay site. Too many other place on here to go rather than pay to post your fishing reports.
AVec80X

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said PECo, well said!

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Life gets busy. I haven't been able to go out as much as I used to. I also used to post every time I went fishing which I don't find the time to do much anymore. I still check in here and I will actually put up a report in a bit about my outing on Sunday. Nothing special but it gives others an idea of where the fish are. I like the low drama levels on this site just like the rest of you.

Keep fishing!
damage inc

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed! Everyone here is nicer and a better "fish-talking" environment.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 8:05 am    Post subject: Good Things Come in Small Packages Reply with quote

I agree with NorthEastFisherman. I personally think that an arena sized talk site is too much. I believe a small dedicated circle delivers a quality far better than a mass quantity vehical. After all, fishing should be a time to experience the connection with nature. It shouldn't be about a fast paced race for creel and size. Learning much from a few great masters is worth more than learning little from many novices.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: