CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: Nymphs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:30 pm    Post subject: Nymphs Reply with quote

Checked out the TMA again Monday to see how the trout have woken up to this warm weather, how much snow and ice has melted, and what the flow is like.

Arrived around 1:30pm and fished for about 2 hours.

Started at the honeyhole which was ice free and had a better flow going this time. Tried throwing a number of Husky Jerks of different color patterns, brown trout FLR-6, and brown trout Panther Martin. I never had any hits, followers, or flashes.

Later once the sun started coming out I saw occasional splashes on the surface. Slowly and carefully walked into the water near shore with my waders and saw holdover browns feeding on small black nymphs.

I then took floating jigheads and tried drifting them with different soft plastics and a small grub I found while digging. I never had any swirls or taps. 2 of the soft plastics I tried drifting were pumpkin pepper Mister Twister Nymph and a piece of a black Mister Twister Twistermite that never saw attention.

I hit a few other popular stretches but never got into anything or saw anything.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: