CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » General Topics
Viewing Topic: O B L .....DEAD!!!!!!! Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 10:57 pm    Post subject: O B L .....DEAD!!!!!!! Reply with quote

Finally!
Sunday May 1, 2011 ...11:00 PM

Osama bin Laden is DEAD Exclamation
By our hand!
And we have his body!

I for one.... am so glad that this is finally done and the SOB has received his unprecented deserved justice!

The danger isn't over, ...But it shows the terrorists we will never ever relent to bring their muderous kind to justice!

God Bless All Our Troops Exclamation

SeaDog1
PECo

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ding, dong the witch is dead, I guess. While I, too, am glad that Osama bin Laden will no longer be able to plan and fund the killing of anyone, I'm not too thrilled to see public gatherings celebrating his death. It's kind morbid and eerily reminiscent of the mob celebrations that we usually get to see in Iran and other middle eastern countries. I'd like to think that we Americans are better than that.

I was lucky enough to attend a speech by Leon Panetta in The Bubble at CIA headquarters in Langley, VA, last Thursday. I thought it was pretty cool that he told us about his appointment as Secretary of Defense by President Obama an hour before he had to be at the White House for the official announcement. Now, I think that it's even more cool, given what else was going on behind the scenes while I was there.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a great thing that we finally got him. Not sure they were celebrating his death so much as celebrating a US victory over terrorism. This has brought some closure to many who were affected by the 9/11 tragedy. If the celebrations were in Iran or other middle eastern countries there would be a lot more burning in effigy, rock throwing, and firing of miscellaneous weaponry into the air without regard. I think we are better than that.

It is a good day!!

Last edited by DirtyDawg10 on Mon May 02, 2011 8:51 am; edited 2 times in total
asianfisher

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The shit wont stop tho.One goes down another one will take over. Its in its nature. And its how it works. Their people grow there kids up for this stuff and thats how it is. We cant stop it. Just like we cant stop the drug trade and ect. Ok so he dead. Great. people in the back of their minds have closure. Life goes on in this non-perfect world that we can do anything about but talk junk and waste money. Not like we have a say in anything the GOV does or wants to do. enough said...
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The war is over? Cool...I can go outside again.

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear you Billy...but every once in a while the bully needs a swift kick in the ass to show him that you're not going to put up with his shit any more. I consider this a kick in the ass to al-quaeda. At least they now know if they commit any further cowardly terrorist acts against our innocent civilians, we will hunt them down for as long as it takes to bring justice.
asianfisher

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear ya... but its like the drug dealers on the street. take one down there will be 2 more....
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree there is no way to actually win. Now we need to get together and do some fishing!! That's what's really important Very Happy
asianfisher

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went out with phil today caught a shit load of fish... ask him about it
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet!!!
DickVanPike

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey phil, how about the shit load of fish?
Mike1

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think there will be a leader like Osama Bin Laden for Al Qaeda for a long time. Bin Laden was a bit Facist more then others in Al Qaeda. What kind of idiot would be willing to step in next in line to get stalked and killed like what happened to Osama. Its like watching a whole line of kids sticking paper clips into an outlet knowing there going to get shocked. Of course another leader will rise but i dont think he will retalliate because he knows what will be waiting for him. These past ten years show that our Military Personnell never give up until the job is done. I give great respect to the men and woman lost during war and still active at war. And hope to meet the 24 heroic Navy Seal Team 6 members who were able to get a hold of the most wanted man in the world. We live in a America and we should be dam proud of it. If they do retalliate it will be in another cowardly way because they know most Americans are proud of our Second Amendment. I know I am. Just like in after pearl harbor the Japanesse Emperor said "Japan would never invade the United States. We would find a rifle behind every blade of grass." Isoroku Yamamoto. I feel like Al Qeada has had enough of the United States for a little bit. Now we can just sit back and relax and watch the French struggle with Gaddafi and Libya.

Sorry if i went over board i just feel strong on this topic and most topics including military, and world powers and veiws on governments. And i hope most people agree.
Daryl

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two things:

#1 In the fish world there's Osama "Fin" Laden - we must catch and eat him!

#2 DirtyDawg, you'r profile pic makes me cold, but at the same time makes me want a new pic.

Laughing

"Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers." - Herbert Hoover
MarkO

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike1 wrote:
.Now we can just sit back and relax .

NO WE CAN NOT!!!! This is how the whole $hithouse that was 911 went down. Ever more vigilant.
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daryl wrote:
Two things:

#1 In the fish world there's Osama "Fin" Laden - we must catch and eat him!

#2 DirtyDawg, you'r profile pic makes me cold, but at the same time makes me want a new pic.

Laughing

Daryl, that's "Noddy" from Nod Brook...I caught her in fall & Derek caught her in winter. She's probably over 5 lbs now. I wouldn't mind catching her again...someone needs to organize a Noddy search party.

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: