CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Open Seat 5/10/2014 Candlewood
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wanna Fish

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 3:52 pm    Post subject: Open Seat 5/10/2014 Candlewood Reply with quote

Planning on fishing Candlewood tomorrow am. PM me. First PM first Dibbs. I like to start early. Beat the touney traffic. Silly Season is also starting.

I'll check my PM's at 9:00PM and get back to you. Meet me at launch or my house. If near Derby I can pick up as long as I don't have to tow the boat down alleys and streets with no turn arounds.

Phil! I'm off Monday and plan on going out again. Let me know if ya wanna go!

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil! I'm off next Monday and Tuesday also. I'll be in touch.

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "SILLY SEASON" has begun. Jet Skis jumping my wakes, Pontoon Boats with 250's creating tidal waves, pleasure boaters launching their boats then loading the kids and gear at the launch, and the new boat owners who can't back straight down the ramp then get upset when you offer help.

My weekend fishing excursions, unless a tourney are quickly coming to an end for the season. Or at least until when weather cools again.

Heading out on Monday. Early am. Off by 2pm. Try to beat the Rte 84/34 traffic and school busses on the ride home.

Overall fishing today wasn't bad while actually fishing. Bass are starting to bed or at least moving close to their spawning spots. Sun burn for four hours on the water was crucial. First one of the year always hurts. LOL Got on the water just as the morning rain stopped and got off when I spotted the first Lightening Bolt.

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wanna Fish wrote:
Sun burn for four hours on the water was crucial. First one of the year always hurts. LOL Got on the water just as the morning rain stopped and got off when I spotted the first Lightening Bolt.

I started to get a sunburn on my arms only two hours after I got out on the water, today. It didn't help that I launched at 11:10 am. Thankfully, DirtyDawg10 (aka Derek) brought sunscreen with him. Time to add sunscreen to your pre-fishing checklist! Wink

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Candy was good today! The bass are building their nests. In areas and depths you would never expect. There were guys pre fishing a big tourney today. They figured out the spawn pattern and were culling 3 plus LB fish.

Think small and slow and if you think your going to slow go slower. Let the lure "Sit."

Nories! Thanks for pushing me towards the jig. Opened a whole new world. The Jig now tops the whacky rigged senko in by arsenal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: